Multiple Sms messages

Antob125

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing receiving multiple Sms messages. If so does anyone know how to fix it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

pingb

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing receiving multiple Sms messages. If so does anyone know how to fix it?

YES!!!!!!!!! I'm experiencing the same thing. It's sporadic and sometimes I get 4-5 messages from the same person with the same message sent anywhere from 5-10 min apart. I spoke to Verizon and they think it's a phone issue as they checked their server and the message was only sent once. For some reason the phone is re-issuing the messages.

I even reformatted my phone as well as the memory card and it is still doing it.

The only apps I downloaded were Lightflow and Google Voice. I have to use Lightflow as it's the only android app that is the closest to BerryBuzz/Bebuzz on Blackberry.

Thoughts anyone?

mxair2001

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem, but it is follow me from my OG Droid. I am on my second Droid X2 (they actually sent me a 3rd one but it was a certified like new so I returned it) and on both I have used stock text messaging app, done a factory reset, pulled the battery, etc. The factory reset seems to fix it for a couple days, but then it comes back.

When they do duplicate it is usually like 3-4 of the same, but the worst so far was 14 of the same message in a 30 min time frame.

I just did another factory reset today and am not going to install a single thing so that whenever it happens again they cant say it was the phone or something I did.

Hansbo

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I had a problem on both my Samsung Fascinate and my replacement for the Fascinate, a Droid X2.
I would receive an sms message from myself after each time I received a voicemail telling me that I had a message, and another sms message from myself after I listened to my voicemail telling me that I had 0 new voice messages.

After spending hours on the phone with tech support and 2 replacement Fascinates, Verizon tech support thought it must be a problem with the Fascinate, so they upgraded me to the Droid X2. It had the same exact problem.

Finally tech support traced it to my phone number being transferred to the Verizon system from the Alltel system after Verizon bought Alltel and an internal glitch with visual voicemail.

It seems Alltel had different options on their side on how to control voicemail. There was a notification flag set to send me a notification of a new voicemail that was supposed to be some kind of internal system notification that is not used with the newer Verizon voicemail and causes the sms messages.

Bottom line... if you used to be on the Alltel system, have tech support check the internal voicemail notification settings on their end.

sandman96

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem on 2 different Samsung Fascinate's and a Droid X2. It all started happening in April when Verizon pushed Froyo to my Samsung, I would sometimes get duplicates, not get txt's at all even though Verizon said I did and it was my phone not displaying them and sometimes have problems with phone calls where I couldn't hear anyone but they could hear me. After the Droid X2 started having a problem Verizon escalated it to Motorola, they looked into it and told Verizon to remove txt msging from my account for 15 minutes and then rebuild it into my account. Only after doing that has the txt msging been working properly. I'd call and make Verizon try that, problem is, you'll have to get to a higher level than the first people who answer the phones.

After it worked good for a week, I added Handcent and still don't have any problems 3 weeks later.

Mark

pingb

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I got my replacement Droid X2 yesterday with no issues. then tonight I got one duplicate message. Ugh.

DX2 - Lightflow - Google Voice - Not rooted

Antob125

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I got my replacement Droid X2 yesterday with no issues. then tonight I got one duplicate message. Ugh.

DX2 - Lightflow - Google Voice - Not rooted

Same here lol just got my 3rd replacement yesterday first text was duplicate wtf

sandman96

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine had been good for a while, then last night and this morning getting duplicate messages again. With going through 3 different phones and 2 manufacturers, it's not the phones. It's the network. Interesting thing is all of my problems have been when my gf whose on At&t txt's me, don't have this problem when it's coming from another Verizon phone.

Mark

mikey95gt

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
So on Sunday night the Verizon Tech had me do a factory reset of the phone and no problems until tonight. First multiple was 2 in same minute, third 2 minutes later, then fourth on 1 hour later. The sender is also on verizon also. So call the tech support tonight and the tech from Sunday noted my account to replace if it happened again. The replacement phone support guy checked my network record and sure enough they only had one text being sent to me. So the phone is not sending the acknowledgment back to the provider that it received the message. They are sending me a replacement phone, so hopefully will fix. But from what I see on this board I won't have my hopes too high. I seemed to notice that I get most of the duplicated text while I am on a Wi Fi network. Anyone else notice this pattern?

mikey95gt

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
So on Sunday night the Verizon Tech had me do a factory reset of the phone and no problems until tonight. First multiple was 2 in same minute, third 2 minutes later, then fourth on 1 hour later. The sender is also on verizon also. So call the tech support tonight and the tech from Sunday noted my account to replace if it happened again. The replacement phone support guy checked my network record and sure enough they only had one text being sent to me. So the phone is not sending the acknowledgment back to the provider that it received the message. They are sending me a replacement phone, so hopefully will fix. But from what I see on this board I won't have my hopes too high. I seemed to notice that I get most of the duplicated text while I am on a Wi Fi network. Anyone else notice this pattern?
Another common factor I noticed is that I am running Light Flow and Google voice. I am not sure the Google voice is doing SMS text messages correctly. I came over from Blackberry, so not sure if that had something to do with it also.

mikey95gt

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Another common factor I noticed is that I am running Light Flow and Google voice. I am not sure the Google voice is doing SMS text messages correctly. I came over from Blackberry, so not sure if that had something to do with it also.
Uninstalled Google voice and still got multiple texts. Even funnier is the Free VZW msg text, I got four times today. 1st and 2nd at 12:02, 3rd 12:04, and 4th 12:56. So the text coming from Verizon got duplicated. Additional info 5th at 3:33 and 6th at 3:34. It is just funny now.

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue going. Doesn't seem to matter who the message is from. Happens with just about every message.
The only ones that don't duplicate are from others who also have Verizon.

Wouldn't care so much, other than being annoyed, if I had unlimited texts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908