I spent 5yrs working for Alltel in TS. At one point I was even doing testing of some of the phones (in the internal user testing stages). It was cool, but there wasn't much I was "gotta have gotta have" in anticipation. Sure there were a few phones I wanted to try out (HTC Touch Pro for example) because I liked the specs, or os, or just the phone... but nothing that made me have to have it.

Changed to my Blackberry about 2yrs ago and have loved it ever since. When the Storm was coming out I was a little excited because I loved the idea of a big old touch screen on my Blackberry, but again... nothing that had me "antsy".

Last week I decided to buy the Storm 2 and went to try it out. Release day came and I found out that I wasn't eligible for a discount yet (which has been rectified) due to some BS, but of course I kept up on the Storm 2 online to see how it was received. When the Tour/Storm 2 phones were announced I was psyched a bit, but mainly because they had a bit more than what my Curve has. Again, though, I wasn't "antsy".

During my Storm 2 readings I kept seeing "Droid" "droid" "droid" constantly. I had seen the commercials, but wasn't impressed enough w/ stuff previously to make me "have" to look it up, but I finally caved and started researching the Droid.

2hrs in... my Blackberry was being retired, and my brain has been ANXIOUSLY awaiting the Droid. I even called up a retail friend and got it all setup to pick mine up before school on Friday. I'm LITERALLY counting down the hours.

Here's the messed up part. I work in a data center as a system analyst. I will have 4 days off this week (Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat) because I work 12hrs shifts so one week I work 4 days and have 3 off, and the next work 3 days and have 4 off.

I have 4 days off this week... and I'm WAITING for 2 of them to be over (Wed/Thurs) so it can be Friday morning and I get my droid. I want my days off to be over. WTF is wrong w/ me? lol.

d.
    11-01-2009 07:53 PM
    Good to see some excitement about this phone. Welcome to the forums!
    11-01-2009 08:06 PM
    this phone seems to have the most internet buzz going for it since the days of the first iPhone.

i'm stoked too, i think it might have to do (at least for a majority of verizon users) of the duo of a new OS as well as new (fast) hardware, as a lot of verizon customers seem to be coming from blackberry's, and as much as i like the gtd aspect of blackberry, their UI has been getting pretty long in the tooth.
    11-01-2009 08:56 PM
    From the videos I've seen and the Verizon rep I spoke with (he attended a hands-on training), it should be a great device. I really like the optional car and home docks that will be available. Planning on hitting the local VZW store when they open Fri. morning. If I strike out there, I'll order online or by phone.
    11-01-2009 10:26 PM
    I will definitely put it through its paces Friday and join the rest of the users with reviews... but it's the first time I've been ecstatic about a device in a long LONG time.

I, also, agree about the docks. I'm not a dock person (my Blackberry sits on my night stand on its back like no biggie even though I have it in clock mode) and I'm planning on getting both a car and charging cradle.

It may be the first phone I'm going to get accessories as soon as possible with...lol.
    11-01-2009 10:29 PM
    I'm very excited to see the reviews once its released this is the first non Black Berry that I considered buying. The more videos I see the more I want the Droid its everything my storm wasn't.
    11-02-2009 02:31 PM
    Same here. I'm stoked. Still trying to push my date 12 days.
    11-03-2009 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD