6 hour battery life...wow

fludkilla

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Lets see brightness was low, was listening to music and browsing and texting, but still i was ony doing that for about an hour. This sucks

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Still depends on what apps and widgets you have installed / running. Are you rooted? Overclocked? I'm rooted, overclocked, have several widgets running and browse heavily (as well as email and make calls) and still get at least 12 hours. Brightness is around 36%.

acidsamuraix

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Was the music streaming (like Pandora)? or from the sdcard? Either way, that'll drain it quicker, but Pandora much quicker than sdcard. Still shouldnt be 6 hours though.

Was the screen running for a constant hour? like browsing and listening to music for a straight hour? I can see that being pretty demanding. Though...still not 6 hours. I usually get 24+ with moderate use, but i never use it for music.

fludkilla

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Well I didnt have any widgets that run in the back. I use taskiller. I mean imnnot a noobie when it comes to android but still...6 hours seems like nothing. Im still confused on how these batteries work. Im pretty sure they dont have memory. I want to enjoy my phone but not if I have to worry about it dying. Help!

fludkilla

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Was the music streaming (like Pandora)? or from the sdcard? Either way, that'll drain it quicker, but Pandora much quicker than sdcard. Still shouldnt be 6 hours though.

Was the screen running for a constant hour? like browsing and listening to music for a straight hour? I can see that being pretty demanding. Though...still not 6 hours. I usually get 24+ with moderate use, but i never use it for music.

You think i should buy an ipod just for music and no I wasnt using pandora I dont even have that app.

mjones73

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
How often your polling for updates/notifications/etc from other apps can kill your battery too, what apps do you have polling and how often do they do it? I'm assuming your playing files off the SD card right?

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I would never use my phone for music, but that's just me. Music is optional, the phone is not, so preserving battery is everything to me. That said, a. give it time. If you're a newbie, the battery life gets much better in a couple weeks. b. yep, check those running settings and turn crap off! The only ones on on mine, all the time, are the Keyboard (why this is a running app escapes me, my battery widget which lets me turn on/off wifi/bt/gps and shows battery life, and one other....but that's it. I'm constantly turning off my weather services/Google's news and weather, email services....chat services. Keep those off and you can go several days with light use.

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Or... you can do like many of us has done and purchase another battery and charger. Both can be had for around $30 (Amazon) if you want the cheaper way out. A more convenient, but expensive solution is to pickup one of the extended batteries like the 2600 or 2800 mah ones.

G

GenericMessage

Welcome to the world of smart-phones!

They just don't have the life that other phones have!

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Im still confused on how these batteries work. Im pretty sure they dont have memory. I want to enjoy my phone but not if I have to worry about it dying. Help!
While it's possible that you might have a defective battery issue it's much more likely that you're overlooking whatever it is that is using your battery. It's either the way you're using your device or something running that's consuming battery power. If your task killer isn't properly set up you can easily end up using more battery by killing processes that need to run but are constantly having to restart because they're getting killed. There are any number of other potential causes as well. Browsing a lot will kill it -- use WiFi whenever possible over 3G. Poor coverage will kill it. Frequent use of the GPS receiver will kill it. The list goes on.

elemental

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I revert to factory settings every couple of weeks. Keeps it clean and I don't have to uninstall the 40 apps I never use. Only install the ones that are crucial. I use the hell out of the Droid and get a solid 10-12 hours.

Time for the Sedio extended battery and case though.

fludkilla

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Well I do use the music app a lot. I guess thats the reason. But i did buy the seidio case and holster. Can't wait it should be here tomorrow. I guess I need an iPod =(

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm happy with 6-7 hours of use out my Droid. I carry a spare no matter what. It's a smart phone with apps and widgets its ment to be used not a paperweight