Verizon Droid Cases

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know if the cases/covers will be available at VZW on the release day?

I'm not buying a dock anytime soon. I'm going to wait to see what third-party accessories come out.

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know if the cases/covers will be available at VZW on the release day?

I'm not buying a dock anytime soon. I'm going to wait to see what third-party accessories come out.
I just bought a holster+case at the VZW store in Milpitas,CA for 19.99. Lists for $29.99. MOTA855HOC

Last edited:

Original Goonie

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Hope it doesn't take too long for an extended battery to be available, definetly going to need one of those babies.:p

Most stores should have a good selection to start with, well for the Droid.

Clear snap on case, the holster/case combo (which im hearing is causing problems with the keyboard) snap on gel case hard to explain, privacy and screen protectors, body glove hard snap on, multimedia dock all should be on hand in most stores.

Eris i have only heard/seen a pouch and a snap on case.

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
In addition to a side holster, I'm interested in a silicon skin. I'm assuming it would be a two-part configuration to accomodate the sliding keyboard. Anyone see such a thing at BB or VZW?

srv

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I picked up the VZW "Leather Pouch" (MOTA855CAS) for the Droid today and it sucks. The clip on the back doesn't swivel, so it always orients your phone horizontally. I'm going to return it, but not sure what I'll get instead. I liked my holster for my old Blackberry, but it has a magnet in there that activates specific modes on the BB.

Lame pouch aside, the phone rocks!

kkwan77#AC

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Droid holsters

Does anyone know if using a BB belt holster that has that magnetic flap to keep it closed will affect the touchscreen on the Motorola Droid? :eek:

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Judging from whT the privacy screen did to it I would say yes. While I have a BB holster still in my possesion I'm not willing to test it out. So I can't confirm that for you.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i think boygenius put his in one and it triggered the car mode or home mode because of where the flap ends up being on the device.

other than that, i don't foresee any issues arising from it

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I tried the one that came with my tour but it put the droid in car mode. You can sign up on seidio for an email when they have cases and belt clip available.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
yup same with me, slapped it in my storm 2 case and got the media dock mode lol , and it wouldnt shut off , so yes , get a droid case so you dont have this issue

Dredg

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I definitely need some kind of case for my phone but have no idea what to get thus far.

I'm thinking about going with the zagg invisibleshield, but haven't decided yet.

Last edited:

juergen99

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have a universal holster with a magnetic flap. It worked with my curve (put it to sleep). Now with the Droid it sometimes puts it in car or home mode. At the verison store they said that they only had universal holsters that were supposedly ok with the Droid. Right now I would be nervous about buying one online. They might say it's a Droid case but it might only be because it's the right size. I'll try Verizon again since they might not have had any Droid only cases because it was early on launch day.

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I picked up the VZW "Leather Pouch" (MOTA855CAS) for the Droid today and it sucks. The clip on the back doesn't swivel, so it always orients your phone horizontally. I'm going to return it, but not sure what I'll get instead. I liked my holster for my old Blackberry, but it has a magnet in there that activates specific modes on the BB.

Lame pouch aside, the phone rocks!

Nite Ize: Product Detail

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The Verizon pouch had velcro. I preferred magnetic but I am also having the car mode issues with my magnetic holster. Maybe I should have gotten the velcro one. One thing I have done is lock the phone with the button and that locks the screen and appears to work ok with my magnetic holster. Haven't had any battery issues with it in the magnetic holster today. It is an Eddie Bauer generic holster from Best Buy. Fits nicely and the belt clip rotates. The VZW velcro holster didn't rotate and I didn't like the way the velcro has the rip sound when you open the holster.