Any early feedback from Droid to Incredible users, worth the switch ?

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I am anxious to hear from any Droid users who have jumped over to the Incredible.

Are you happy with the Incredible, pro/con's?

I haven't felt the Incredible yet, but I like the form factor, from the pictures I've seen and also the reduced weight.

I have 2 weeks to decide ( within my 30 day period) whether or not to exchange for the Incredible and I am torn.

There are both awesome phones, no doubt... but....

Can anyone give any first had feedback or experience on going from the Droid to the Incredible ?

R

Roy Aguilera

Several members have their incredibles already.;)
As far as better its too early to tell. The Droid is an awesome phone.
Faster yes. Better Maybe.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
yea incredible def faster and more ram/rom but is it better all depends on your definition of better.

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine is up and running and it puts my storm to shame. I LOVE it!! I'm not a hater of blackberry so don't take it there. I just really like this phone. The UI is amazing compared to the storm. still setting it up and getting used to it though.

Sorry. Just realized you were talking to Droid users. Whoops.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Incredible has a crap GPU and is bogged down with Sense. I like my phone to do more than scroll through spreadsheets smoothly, Droid for me. These Snapdragon phones are not worth my time, I'm going to get excited with I see a Cortex A9 powered phone.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Good comparison at Phone Arena
Motorola DROID and HTC Droid Incredible: side by side (Phone Arena Reviews)

Conclusion:

So which Android device is best for you? It basically comes down to which features you believe to be the most important. The Motorola DROID has been around for nearly six months and has a large following. It was recently updated to Android 2.1 and has a nice TFT display, as well as a QWERTY keyboard (though not the best designed), and is constructed out of metal. On the other hand, the HTC Droid Incredible is hot off the plastic presses and comes with a beautiful AMOLED display, faster processor, HTC Sense UI, and an 8MP camera. Our advice is that if you are considering purchasing either one, try them both out in a store first, as heavy texters may gravitate to the Motorola due to the physical keyboard, but power-users may prefer the HTC because it is faster and has more personalization. But if you’re one of the thousands of current Motorola DROID owners, is it worth replacing it with the HTC Droid Incredible? Probably not, unless there is something about the HTC Droid Incredible that is a must-have for you.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site

Great summary. I agree the Droid in itself is great. I am one of the people who is within the 30 day window to exchange the phone... so trying to decide.

I guess I jumped the gun in this post, for some reason, I thought the Incredible was already out there.... sorry everyone.

What I hope the Incredible might bring is :

1. a little simpler user interface with Sense
2. a lighter phone - I wear slacks for work and the Droid tends to hang down, due to the weight.
3. I like the form factor of the of the Incredible... but some say if feels cheap.. I guess I will have to wait and see.
4. The Incredible seems a little less wide, which might make texting easier ?
5. I have heard the Incredible has a poor battery life.... I can live with a hour or so less life... but if it is really bad, that's a deal breaker.
6. Finally, what about the screen in the daylight, now bad is it really ?

7. I just want a phone that feels good in my hand. Sometimes the Droid feels a little bulky.

Bottom line, I have to think they are both great phones.

Hopefully the reviews from Droid to Incredible users will come through soon.

Sorry everyone, if I jumped the gun on this one.

Jason.

G

GenericMessage

Great summary. I agree the Droid in itself is great. I am one of the people who is within the 30 day window to exchange the phone... so trying to decide.

I guess I jumped the gun in this post, for some reason, I thought the Incredible was already out there.... sorry everyone.

What I hope the Incredible might bring is :

1. a little simpler user interface with Sense
2. a lighter phone - I wear slacks for work and the Droid tends to hang down, due to the weight.
3. I like the form factor of the of the Incredible... but some say if feels cheap.. I guess I will have to wait and see.
4. The Incredible seems a little less wide, which might make texting easier ?
5. I have heard the Incredible has a poor battery life.... I can live with a hour or so less life... but if it is really bad, that's a deal breaker.
6. Finally, what about the screen in the daylight, now bad is it really ?

7. I just want a phone that feels good in my hand. Sometimes the Droid feels a little bulky.

Bottom line, I have to think they are both great phones.

Hopefully the reviews from Droid to Incredible users will come through soon.

Sorry everyone, if I jumped the gun on this one.

Jason.

Its made out of the cheap AMoled that the N1 was made out of. So sadly, direct sunlight is a real killer

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone got their hands on an Incredible yet? Is it Incredible?

Its made out of the cheap AMoled that the N1 was made out of. So sadly, direct sunlight is a real killer

I have 10 days to decide to keep my Droid and leap to the Incredible...anyone out there got the Incredible yet ?

What are your impressions of the Incredible ?

bmxfreak995

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I got the inc yesterday from BB. Sold my droid on craigslist so i really didn't loose much money. when i first got the phone i was a little disappointed by the screen quality. the letters are not as crisp as they are on the droid. Other then that though i must say the inc is worth it if you have an upgrade or you dont mind shelling out the extra money. The camera alone is 50 times better then the droids. i might actually take pictures with my phone now. go check out the picture thread in the inc forum if you havent already. there sweet. i also like all of the added bonuses from htc. may not when google releases updates and im the last to get them but we will have to see.

make the switch..i say yes.

paa79594

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
My bro just got his Incredible and it runs soo much better than my Droid that it upsets me. Mine lags to hell, doesn't work properly. I'm starting to dislike it.

Pipester

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I went to the Verizon store with every intention to buy one. However, Sense UI is nice and all, but I think it takes away from what an Android phone is. I may change my tune if it's rooted and I am able to flash a custom rom and NOT have Sense UI.

CarloJ#AC

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
is it really that much better than the droid, i mean the Droid is a beast of a phone. i really am glad that i got over the palm pre. can someone lay out a comparison of the specs?

solideliquid

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I look at it like when Apple released the 3GS. If you had a 3G at the time, expect faster processor, more memory, and slightly better camera. That's what Droid to Incredible users should expect. You lose the keyboard but gain an AMOLED screen. I don't think its worth the full retail price if you have a droid.

However, I would like to see FM radio on the droid. If the incredible can do it the droid should be able to as well...

SpeedVX

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Having played for an extended period of time with the Incredible (and as the owner of a Droid) I have to agree with the earlier assessment that it is far from a must-switch.

The Incredible certainly is a snappy performer with the faster processor, but having put both the Droid and Incredible side-by-side, I actually think the Droid's screen is slightly better. With the brightness set at the same level and in indoor light, the Droid's display seems to be a bit cleaner.

For example, on a website with a dark background and white boxes for text, the edges of the white boxes on the Droid are straight and clean, while the edges of the boxes on the Incredible show a slight pixel effect. That effect was also visible throughout the white box while the Droid's screen showed no such pixelation. I also found that while the colors on the Incredible seemed to be a bit more vibrant, there was also a tendency for whites to look a bit blue.

I know I might be in the minority, but I actually do like the Sense UI, which adds some very nice features (which have been described in several reviews).

However I don't think the increased performance (which could also be addressed if you're willing to root your Droid and overclock the processor) and Sense make for a compelling reason yet to ditch the Droid and jump to the Incredible.

Now, if you're willing to jump to Sprint, the Evo may be an upgrade worth considering, especially since they have a program in place that will actually pay you for turning in your phone. At CTIA I was told that if I walked into a Sprint store and turned in my Droid I would get over $100 toward the purchase of a new phone. It probably won't have quite that much value this summer, but it still might be a nice chunk of change.

And don't go to sleep on the Galaxy S, which actually may have the best looking screen out there. For a couple of hours (before the Evo was announced) the Galaxy S was the toast of CTIA.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae