What should the marker look like on a Droid that does not have water damage? My son's droid has a white dot with connected red x's on both battery and upper left inside case. His phone has not been in water at all but the screen touch is not responding correctly all the time (becoming more frequent). Called Assurion and they said it is under warranty and call verizon. Verizon said the marker showing any red at all means water damage and they will not replace. Called assurion back and they then said that is probably correct and it should be a solid white. My daughter has a brand new (had it for 2 days ) Droid X2 and her markers look just like the one on the Droid that they are saying has water damage indicated.

Does this mean the brand new phone has water damage too?
    07-18-2011 11:40 PM
    What should the marker look like on a Droid that does not have water damage? My son's droid has a white dot with connected red x's on both battery and upper left inside case. His phone has not been in water at all but the screen touch is not responding correctly all the time (becoming more frequent). Called Assurion and they said it is under warranty and call verizon. Verizon said the marker showing any red at all means water damage and they will not replace. Called assurion back and they then said that is probably correct and it should be a solid white. My daughter has a brand new (had it for 2 days ) Droid X2 and her markers look just like the one on the Droid that they are saying has water damage indicated.

Does this mean the brand new phone has water damage too?
    A bunch of little red X marks with white is good. Solid red dot where u can't see the x marks indicates water damage. You are good to go!
    07-19-2011 06:57 PM
    You can always just file a lost/stolen claim. It costs the same either way.
    07-19-2011 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD