Landscape view without sliding open keyboard?

jlukes

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Hi all! I'll be picking up the Droid on Friday, but I have been watching tons of Droid hands on videos and have a question:

Is it possible to view the screen in landscape format with the keyboard closed? All of the vids I have watched show the user opening the keypad to use view the screen in landscape format.

Thanks!

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
yea, there's an option to allow the device to rotate without opening the keyboard. some reviews had it turned on, and some didn't.

R

Roy Aguilera

Awesome. So there is a feature that makes the slider useless.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Most were saying that the droid home screen cant go into landscape view... i hope this is wrong , i will cry , and DA6 , i can only hope that that is true , if i could i would just cut the keyboard off lol... but we all know thats not possible.

Tennessee

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Most were saying that the droid home screen cant go into landscape view... i hope this is wrong , i will cry , and DA6 , i can only hope that that is true , if i could i would just cut the keyboard off lol... but we all know thats not possible.

Maybe not cut it off, but never open it is a possibility!

R

Roy Aguilera

I can deal with the camera needing an OS patch. I can also deal with the minor issues that reviewers had. But the keyboard looks like something out of the first MGS.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i'm really happy with how fast the phone can orient itself. and i'm also really thankful for the option to turn it off.

my time with the storm 1 would drive me insane when the response to orientation was super laggy.

chris4851

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site

Personally I have no idea why you would want to do that. I am coming from an iPhone and one of the major reason's why is because I HATE the fact that there is no physical keyboard. These are smartphones and are heavily used for text input. When I am writing an email on the iPhone I can only see one line of text because the keyboard takes up the entire screen.

R

Roy Aguilera

The storm is kind of like having a Physical keyboard while not having one. Really didn't miss the physical one the whole year. Who knows maybe one day out of boredom I will slide the droid open and give ut a shot.

chris4851

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
The storm is kind of like having a Physical keyboard while not having one. Really didn't miss the physical one the whole year. Who knows maybe one day out of boredom I will slide the droid open and give ut a shot.

I think this is why the Droid is a huge step towards the perfect phone. It give the option to either use or not use the keyboard.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Personally I have no idea why you would want to do that. I am coming from an iPhone and one of the major reason's why is because I HATE the fact that there is no physical keyboard. These are smartphones and are heavily used for text input. When I am writing an email on the iPhone I can only see one line of text because the keyboard takes up the entire screen.

that's my BIGGEST gripe with virtual keyboards. they just take up too much screen real estate!

blackops#IM

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site

Dang it Sooks I already told you how to fix the keyboard issue......

Super Glue Corporation | Home of The Original Super Glue®

:D:p

That will take care of you opening the keyboard....we are almost to Droid Friday buddy!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance