LED Notification

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
i unrooted my phone and went to 2.1 recently. i have noticed tho that the LED light does not blink for missed calls and such. even when i get new mail it does not blink. i have just noticed this so im not sure if its doing it just bc i have it docked or if it also does it when its not docked.

any suggestions?

update: i sent a test text and the led does blink. so for email and missed calls its not tho.

update 2: ok, so email blinks when the screen is off, texts too. as soon as u turn the screen on they do not blink anymore. is this how it has always been? also, with email (i use K9), it blinks when off, then stops when screen is turned on, but if i turn the screen off again the led no longer blinks even if i have not read the email.

and still no blinking for missed calls.

Last edited:

solideliquid

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine has never blinked for missed calls. I think there's an app for that it's literally called "Missed Call" (someone correct me if I'm wrong!). New to 2.1 the LED notification is off when the screen is on. Makes sense to me. You don't need the phone blinking at you if you are using it. Afterall, Android's wonderful notification system ensures all active notifications remain in the top bar until you check them.

http://www.androlib.com/android.application.anno-android-missedcall-zwq.aspx

chart

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Mine has never blinked for missed calls. I think there's an app for that it's literally called "Missed Call" (someone correct me if I'm wrong!). New to 2.1 the LED notification is off when the screen is on. Makes sense to me. You don't need the phone blinking at you if you are using it. Afterall, Android's wonderful notification system ensures all active notifications remain in the top bar until you check them.

Missed Call v0.9.0 Application for Android | Tools

chart

thank you very much!! so i wasnt cracking up about it not blinking when the screen was lit. haha. i knew it used to. but yeah, no need for it. i thought it used to blink for missed calls but maybe i am mistaken. thanks a lot for the app link. im going to check it out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol