black notification bar

kingofny#IM

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
when i was watching a quick clip on the droid incredible @ droid-life.com i noticed that when he was holding the moto droid that it had a black notification bar, any idea on how to get this without rooting or is it not possible

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
highly doubt its possible without rooting, but why dont you just get your phone rooted? its soo easy and you wont be dissapointed

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
WHEN I WAS ROOTED I HAD THE BLACKMOD THEME AND IT WAS REAL NICE. HAD THE BLACK NOTIFICATION BAR AND MUCH MORE. oops, sorry for caps:p

kingofny#IM

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Anyone point me in the direction of where the root file is for 2.1 and what would be the best rom to load...nervous about rooting, came from bb and it was easy to load a custom os and reload if i bricked....

area52

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
its pretty easy on the droid too. I followed the video tutorials on droid-life.com and ended up with rooted, over clocked, custom rom 2.1 in 10 minutes.

kingofny#IM

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
its pretty easy on the droid too. I followed the video tutorials on droid-life.com and ended up with rooted, over clocked, custom rom 2.1 in 10 minutes.

did u do it from 2.1 or from 2.0.1? currently i am on 2.1 and im reading that rooting 2.1 isnt possible yet

Pipester

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
King. although the likely hood of you being a Mets or Yankess fan is very high... I will share this with you...

Go to droid life and look up: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1

Then look up: Installing A Custom ROM Using SPRecovery

I would post links, however I am not yet at 10 posts... so... sorry about that.

Start there and then make sure you download ROM Manager from the Market. The ROM that Kellex is using is Jrummy Remix Red over-clocked to 1.1GHz. Have fun.

area52

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
did u do it from 2.1 or from 2.0.1? currently i am on 2.1 and im reading that rooting 2.1 isnt possible yet

2.1 by flashing sp recovery with RSD lite using my laptop, then loaded custom rom using rom manager. Sounds complicated but like I said took me 10 minutes and was very easy following those video tutorials. Rooting the phone is great, it's like having a whole new phone

sprecovery:
http://www.droid-life.com/2010/04/13/video-flashing-sprecovery-sbf-to-stock-2-1/

2.1 with root
http://www.droid-life.com/2010/04/20/video-installing-stock-2-1-with-root-access/

Last edited:

SMJUCmoose

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
What ROM are people using? I want one that makes the notification bar black and leaves everything else pretty much stock. any ideas?

kingofny#IM

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
King. although the likely hood of you being a Mets or Yankess fan is very high... I will share this with you...

Go to droid life and look up: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1

Then look up: Installing A Custom ROM Using SPRecovery

I would post links, however I am not yet at 10 posts... so... sorry about that.

Start there and then make sure you download ROM Manager from the Market. The ROM that Kellex is using is Jrummy Remix Red over-clocked to 1.1GHz. Have fun.

Who are the mets??? To me they dont exsist....being #1 for them is just a fluke....so yes i am a yankees fan until i die.....but back to business...i will check out the vids and report back when im done thanx for all the help everyone

Pipester

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Off Topic: Either way, I dislike both teams... See you in the World Series.

On Topic: Check back in let us know how it went.

javajoe1981

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
It is possible to get the black notification bar without installing a custom rom/theme but you still need to be rooted. It is a little bit on the advanced side and requires you to push files and images onto the phone.

kingofny#IM

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
sorry bout the delay all but theres one more question.....if i dont want to be rooted anymore can i go back to stock 2.1 and if so how easy is it to do so