Hey guys,

Newbie here. Really excited about getting the Motorola Droid. Has anyone ordered a phone online on a Friday and had the option of getting delivery on Saturday. Is this extra? I really want the instant rebate. and my NE2 credit. I would love to get it Saturday instead of Monday. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

DROID DOES
    11-05-2009 11:26 AM
    from what i hear, Saturday delivery will cost you $20 extra
    11-05-2009 11:40 AM
    from what i hear, Saturday delivery will cost you $20 extra
    thanks for the quick response
    11-05-2009 11:48 AM
    You have to call telesales for a Saturday delivery. You can not select that option while ordering online.
    11-05-2009 12:12 PM
    is it online yet.... and do u call say that you ordered it and want it the next day?
    11-05-2009 12:25 PM
    is it online yet.... and do u call say that you ordered it and want it the next day?
    No, just call telesales and skip ordering online all together. And if you do order online do not select next day shipping and expect to get it Saturday. Next day is not Saturday delivery...
    11-05-2009 12:52 PM
    No, just call telesales and skip ordering online all together. And if you do order online do not select next day shipping and expect to get it Saturday. Next day is not Saturday delivery...

but will telesales honor the instant rebate and such?
    11-05-2009 12:55 PM
    I suppose it depends on who you speak with honestly. I've heard it go both ways.
    11-05-2009 12:58 PM
    What telesales told me, and the store, and what I am doing is....

using my NE2 at the store. ($200.00) putting it on my bill, mailing in the rebate, when i get it in a week or 2 taking the card to Verizon placing it on my account, and then my bill is only a hundred dollars more. (the price of the phone)

This way I get the phone on friday like everyone else, and don't have to wait.
    11-05-2009 01:55 PM
    I've called numerous times and all but one told me that they DO NOT honor instant rebates. Only online purchases are guaranteed instant rebates.
    11-05-2009 03:38 PM
    What telesales told me, and the store, and what I am doing is....

using my NE2 at the store. ($200.00) putting it on my bill, mailing in the rebate, when i get it in a week or 2 taking the card to Verizon placing it on my account, and then my bill is only a hundred dollars more. (the price of the phone)

This way I get the phone on friday like everyone else, and don't have to wait.
    that's what i'm doing
    11-05-2009 05:08 PM
    I went the Best Buy route. BB is just 10 minutes from me, so it was easier than the VZW path. BB called me today to schedule my pickup tomorrow. They're scheduling people so that everyone gets 30 minutes to set up the phone. My appointment is at 6, after work.
    11-05-2009 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD