Droid price

StuckwVerizon

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I bought Pre Plus on April 15th because I was fool by the free hotspot thing and I always thought that WebOS is pretty unique and I was getting tired of waiting for NexusOne, now Droid Incredible. Oh boy I made a mistake. This phone is piece of garbage. I've owned many phones in my life and I have to say this is the worst phone ever.

Within 2 weeks of ownership of Pre, I have to exchange twice. And this is my third unique and still having so much problem. And battery only last about 3 hours if I use it alot, 5 hours minimum use 8 hours if I put it on idle.

Anyway, I am returning this piece of **** but only thing that holding me back is the price on Droid. Do you think this phone price drop any time soon? It's still $200. I know I am cheap but I made a mistake on buying Pre and restocking fee is $30, plus I bought car charger and screen protector, $30. As you can see, I already lost $60 plus all the frustration that I went thru last few weeks of having this phone.

What do you think guys? Do you think it's going to go down a little? like around $100?

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Honestly, I had the Pre before I bought my Droid, and the premium you pay for the Droid (or the Incredible) is worth it. It's just such a better user experience, I would go ahead and take the plunge and spend the money.

VKitty

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Within 2 weeks of ownership of Pre, I have to exchange twice. And this is my third unique and still having so much problem. And battery only last about 3 hours if I use it alot, 5 hours minimum use 8 hours if I put it on idle.

I am sorry you are having all this trouble. I do know they the Palm Pre[Plus] battery life is better than the Incredible.

Have you check out the sister site to this one Palm Pre Central

I know there are many patches that will boost the battery life tremendously, as well as speed up the phone to faster or equal to the current phones on the market.

I would check out Palm Pre Central and post your problems, maybe they can help.

ps. the droid[incredible] is a good phone too. ::smile::

Last edited:

VKitty

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I had the Pre before I bought my Droid, and the premium you pay for the Droid (or the Incredible) is worth it. It's just such a better user experience, I would go ahead and take the plunge and spend the money.

Wow, my friend had the exact opposite experience. She didnt like the way the droid handles notifications, or apps.

She loves the card system lol

StuckwVerizon

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, here's a problem with Pre Plus. I tried really reall hard with this phone but I just can't do it any more. Yes, I know the site and I did put few patches and play with it. But the quality of the phone is the problem, maybe it's OS, I don't care at this point.
3 weeks of ownership, 3 new phones and same problems. Doesn't matter how great this os is, honestly it's overrated, I can't trust this phone.

I can list the issues but I don't think it's even worth of mentioning it.

Yes, after having all this problem, I guess I probably happy to have android. But I just feel bad to wasting about $60 on top of $200 for droid.

VKitty

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
3 weeks of ownership, 3 new phones and same problems. Doesn't matter how great this os is, honestly it's overrated, I can't trust this phone.

I can list the issues but I don't think it's even worth of mentioning it.

Yes, after having all this problem, I guess I probably happy to have android. But I just feel bad to wasting about $60 on top of $200 for droid.

I understand, thats why there is a Baskin-Robbins has 57 varieties, everyone likes a different flavor.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
i had a pre with no car charger i would go to work and have to turn it off during the day or leave it in airplane mode most of the time due to a poor battery. i mean i get better battery life with my droid at 1.2ghz i went through 2 phones and decided to just drop it and get the droid best decision Ive ever made. as far as a price drop dont see it happening soon if you can hold off wait for the shadow or droid2 both should be out summer to fall time. the car charger should work for the droid they both have the same port

amlongclan#AC

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I bought Pre Plus on April 15th because I was fool by the free hotspot thing and I always thought that WebOS is pretty unique and I was getting tired of waiting for NexusOne, now Droid Incredible. Oh boy I made a mistake. This phone is piece of garbage. I've owned many phones in my life and I have to say this is the worst phone ever.

Anyway, I am returning this piece of **** but only thing that holding me back is the price on Droid. Do you think this phone price drop any time soon? It's still $200. I know I am cheap but I made a mistake on buying Pre and restocking fee is $30, plus I bought car charger and screen protector, $30. As you can see, I already lost $60 plus all the frustration that I went thru last few weeks of having this phone.

What do you think guys? Do you think it's going to go down a little? like around $100?

take all the crap you bought back to verizon with the phone they will take it back and give you your money back so there is 60 back in your pocket

StuckwVerizon

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
take all the crap you bought back to verizon with the phone they will take it back and give you your money back so there is 60 back in your pocket

Unfortunately I bought my stuffs from ebay. $30 restocking fee I can't avoid. Car charger, maybe I can sell it back on ebay. Screen protector, I used one, so I have to eat up the cost.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
If this is a new contract you might be able to work something out. Call customer service and tell them you want to cancel your contract. They will transfer you to the department that handles cancelations and tell them your story. After that tell them that you were interested in the droid but you were thinking about waiting and going to sprint when the HTC evo comes out since they will probably cost the same up front charge (200) plus it will have 4g. They might work a deal out with you because they will make more enough money for your 2 year contract then they will by giving you the droid at a cheaper cost.

This isn't the most honest approach but think of it as compensation for your troubles haha

junpar

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't think Verizon will lower the price of the droid because the droid and the droid incredible are its premium phones. Verizon wouldn't have lowered the pre's price if it actually sold well. The Droid is still selling very well.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Ya I agree but they do want to keep their customers more than anything especially now since they want to the top cellphone provider. I'm not saying its definitely going to work but it couldn't hurt and it's probably the best bet if they were to lower the price.

JawKnee37

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I was able to get my Droid about a month ago through Sears.com for $59.98 shipped. I was eligible for an upgrade and was required to re-new my contract for 2 years. It has since gone up on Sears.com, but it's $129.

WAIT, I just checked now and it's back to the $59.98 shipped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zatarabr