.........minus the Sedio 3rd party ones.

But when all those Droid commercials hit, they said we would have swappable batteries, IT WAS A SELLING POINT.

Yet to this day (7 months), there is only one OEM battery available to purchase, and its the standard one.

Now my battery can't even last a day on this thing.......and I really want an extended battery.

Sadly the Sedio ones are HUGE! and make my device even more bulky
    05-07-2010 10:33 PM
    I think the point of the comercial was aimed at the iPhone not having a removable battery. I don't think verizon ever planned to sell any different battery besides the OEM one. the point is that you can swap batteries if one dies. The whole point of the droid comercials is just to show off what an iPhone can't do.
    05-07-2010 10:50 PM
    But when all those Droid commercials hit, they said we would have swappable batteries, IT WAS A SELLING POINT.
    Can you take out one battery, and put in another? yes? then you have interchangeable batteries.

The point of the commercial was that the USER can change their battery right there, easily. Can't make it through the Day on ONE battery? Well, you have the option to carry two or more and just replace as the day goes on. No need to run for a wall charger and re-charge to make it through the day/week.

Yeah, it sux that you can't buy higher capacity batteries than the stock one. But VZW never said you could. Just implied that you could purchase additional batteries (which you can) and change them on the fly (which you can)... Something that CAN NOT be done on the iPhone.
    05-08-2010 08:33 AM
    I would have to agree with the other two posters. Verizon was advertising the ability of the user to change the battery. The whole point of the Droid Does campaign was to say what the iPhone could not do.

Having lived with iPhones for nearly two years, I am more than acutely aware of their limitations. The Droid, well, does everything I always wanted the iPhone to do.
    05-08-2010 08:36 AM
    You even pointed out the fact that seidio makes extended batteries in a post complaining about lack of options for swappable batteries.

But the main point of the campaign, i think, was the fact that the battery can be switched if it goes bad or simply runs out, without having to send it to Motorola or get a new phone.
    05-08-2010 12:30 PM
    You even pointed out the fact that seidio makes extended batteries in a post complaining about lack of options for swappable batteries.

But the main point of the campaign, i think, was the fact that the battery can be switched if it goes bad or simply runs out, without having to send it to Motorola or get a new phone.
    I want a battery that isn't going to make my phone fatter.

If you would have read
    05-08-2010 04:56 PM
    Wait for the slim extended life from sedio.
    05-08-2010 11:29 PM
    Wait for the slim extended life from sedio.
    That is precisely what I am doing
    05-09-2010 07:23 AM
    Does the Droid's battery last throughout the day? Or does it need to be charged before the day is up?
    05-09-2010 10:22 AM
    Does the Droid's battery last throughout the day? Or does it need to be charged before the day is up?
    depending on usage habits, and what you have going on on the phone, it could easily last a whole day. mine does with twitter, email, text, and phone calls going nearly all day.
    05-09-2010 10:34 AM
    it doesn't last through the day but thats what chargers are for
    05-09-2010 10:38 AM
    Would you have been satisfied if they'd launched with an 900 - 1100 mAh battery and then post launch sold a 1300 mAh battery instead? Perhaps 1300 mAh is the highest capacity they can squeeze into a battery of the Droid's size.
    05-09-2010 10:52 AM
    I think its the droids firmware that's limiting the realese of ext batterys case and point look at sedios ext the droid won't read the life left accurtly.
    05-09-2010 02:42 PM
    Oh it needs to be charged twice before the day is up.

I have to carry a damn charger everywhere with me.

Its a very good possibility that my droid was defective though. It is getting serviced as we speak.
    05-09-2010 05:39 PM
    Would you have been satisfied if they'd launched with an 900 - 1100 mAh battery and then post launch sold a 1300 mAh battery instead? Perhaps 1300 mAh is the highest capacity they can squeeze into a battery of the Droid's size.

Uhm, no.......that'd be ridiculous

and I doubt it since I've seen 1750 mAh batteries the same size.
    05-09-2010 05:41 PM
    Your prayers have been answered.
    Sexy!!!!!!!

2800 will juice that bad boy up for 2 days atleast. LOL
    05-12-2010 01:46 PM
    Your prayers have been answered.
    Sexy!!!!!!!

2800 will juice that bad boy up for 2 days atleast. LOL
    No they haven't! And stop calling me sexy

Its too bulky
    05-12-2010 02:30 PM
    No they haven't! And stop calling me sexy

Its too bulky
    LOL
    I saw that and threw up a little.
    05-12-2010 02:34 PM
    LOL
    I saw that and threw up a little.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence
    05-12-2010 03:45 PM
    I was talking about the battery.
    05-12-2010 04:08 PM
    I was talking about the battery.
    mmmhmmm lol

I know, it looks HUGE!
    05-12-2010 04:25 PM
    mmmhmmm lol

I know, it looks HUGE!
    That's what she said...had to do it, sorry.

Anway. I bought 4 aftermarket batteries off ebay for $20, and haven't had a single issue with at all.
    I just pulled a search from my side:
    bp6x, Cell Phones PDAs, Electronics. Great deals on eBay!
    05-13-2010 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD