Anybody else have this problem? I used to be able to send a voice message via MMS but now when I go to compose a message to someone, hit Menu, Attach, Record Audio, it just Force Closes.

Any ideas what could be suddenly causing this? Could it be a bug in the ROM I'm running? I'm on JRummy's Remix v0.7 - CyanMod 5.0.6.2.

Thanks for any help
    05-11-2010 12:26 PM
    I have a facinate and am having this same problem.

I am rooted and de-bloated on stock froyo. Seems to have happend for me since the last 2 updates.

Any luck with a solution?
    08-10-2011 11:49 AM
    I just tried this on CM6 w/ ChevyNo1 LV 1Ghz and it worked fine for me...why are you on CM5???
    08-10-2011 09:56 PM
    I'm having this same problem as well, and I don't use CM. I'm running UltimateDroid 2.5.

If any of you find a solution, or even a lead, please post it here. It'd be very helpful.
    09-13-2011 02:45 PM
    Update your phone to a more recent OS...that will fix your problem.
    09-13-2011 09:57 PM
    Update your phone to a more recent OS...that will fix your problem.
    Is that really the ONLY solution? If that's the case, then it's not worth it.

That can't be the only fix, though. It has worked before.
    09-13-2011 11:35 PM
    Its not worth it?!?! Why would you not want to update?
    09-14-2011 12:11 AM
    I want to keep my UD ROM version 2.5. Unless there is a way to "update" without compromising that, then it's not worth it.
    09-14-2011 12:21 AM
    Why do you want to keep it 2.5? I don't understand the idea of using a old version of Android...
    09-14-2011 09:10 AM
    Why do you want to keep it 2.5? I don't understand the idea of using a old version of Android...
    I said I'm using the UltimateDroid ROM version 2.5. I don't want to have to wipe and reinstall everything just to fix the Record Audio feature. What exactly about this do you not understand?

Besides... as of last night I've decided to get the Bionic and should have it in a week. So, while I would still like to get the "record audio" feature to work in messaging, going through the trouble of reinstalling a ROM is not worth it.
    09-14-2011 09:52 AM
    So if you really didn't want to fix it then why did you even post on this thread asking how to fix it?
    09-14-2011 09:54 PM
    So if you really didn't want to fix it then why did you even post on this thread asking how to fix it?
    Why does this seem like such a difficult notion for you to grasp?

I DO want to fix it. That's why I posted about it here. HOWEVER, if the only way to fix it is to replace the phone's entire operating system, then it's not worth it. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

I'm skeptical, though. I really don't think that replacing/upgrading the operating system is the only way to fix a problem as trivial as using "Record Audio" in the messaging app. Like I said, though, if it is, then I'll just live without that feature.
    09-14-2011 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD