Hesitant to pick up a Droid

richpjr#AC

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm an original Storm own, having picked one up on launch day. I've spent a year alpha and beta testing software and while I love to tinker with devices, it just got very old. I'm now running the latest official release of the Storm software and things STILL don't work right. I have come to loathe that phone and the whole, aging BlackBerry line. So while I have been very unhappy with my Storm...dare I repeat my mistake and jump on the unproven wagon of the Droid?

I still have almost a year left before I'm eligible for an upgrade, but have another line in my family plan that I could use. I went into Best Buy today to look at one and it certainly seems impressive, but playing with one for 10 minutes is not real world usage. So while the urge to rush out pick one up was VERY strong, I held off. If I can keep up my resolve, I'm sure all the issues should surface in the next week or so and then I can decided if I should pick one up or not. Of course, that's assuming I can keep that resolve. Hmmm.... I think the Best Buy near me is still open for another couple of hours...

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I second that. I might get it at the VZW store though, I feel like I've had an easier time returning stuff there within the 30 days (not that I'm returning my droid), but if you feel it's not for you then it might be helpful.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
GET IT , i have owned the storm 1 since launch date , storm 2 since launch date, and man let me tell you the droid is my new main device it rocks man , fast as hell , responsive as hell , OUT OF THE BOX cant beat that :)

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I came from the Storm 2 and I have to say that while I did like that phone, the Droid's touchscreen blows the one on the Storm away. I'm not a business user so the push e-mail doesn't really matter to me. I can handle waiting for 10 minutes for my phone to pull any new messages off of the server. I also like the fact that the Droid offers much more customization. I say give it a shot; worst case scenario you take it back within 30 days.

Original Goonie

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I can second that, i have had mine for almost 24 hours now and the only thing that makes me miss my BB is that i knew it inside and out! WOW though, seriously such a good phone!

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I can second that, i have had mine for almost 24 hours now and the only thing that makes me miss my BB is that i knew it inside and out! WOW though, seriously such a good phone!

that's half the fun though! you get to learn a brand new set of things!

i love new toys :p

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Had mine since 7:15am this morning and my experience just got better as I used it. If you like a phone that you can endlessly tinker with, you'll love it. I came from a storm and a tour and am missing it less every minute.

I'd pull the trigger on that purchase my friend.

hatch.duffy

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Definitely get it. I had storm1 and three other blackberries before that. I liked storm 1 and checked out storm 2 and thought it was a much improved device. But neither of those phones come close to the droid experience. Definitely get. The os is smoking. First day. Out of the box. Not like storm on its release day. Rim is really behind in the os game right now

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I came from the Storm 2 and I have to say that while I did like that phone, the Droid's touchscreen blows the one on the Storm away. I'm not a business user so the push e-mail doesn't really matter to me. I can handle waiting for 10 minutes for my phone to pull any new messages off of the server. I also like the fact that the Droid offers much more customization. I say give it a shot; worst case scenario you take it back within 30 days.

The Storm2's typing in landscape is the best I have ever used on any touch screen... I work in the cellular industry and use different devices all the time. The S2 (for typing) blows the doors off the Droid.

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I agree. Transition has been smooth (though I came from an iPhone) and the porting process was smooth as silk.

I'm very impressed with the functionality and the screen is absolutely amazing. There are aspects that will take some adjustment, but I think you will find this to be an excellent device.

TootNBerry

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Went to verizon and walked out with the droid phone is very tight again I'm coming from a S1.. I'd give it a run for the 30 days..

P7M8

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm an original Storm own, having picked one up on launch day. I've spent a year alpha and beta testing software and while I love to tinker with devices, it just got very old. I'm now running the latest official release of the Storm software and things STILL don't work right. I have come to loathe that phone and the whole, aging BlackBerry line. So while I have been very unhappy with my Storm...dare I repeat my mistake and jump on the unproven wagon of the Droid?

I still have almost a year left before I'm eligible for an upgrade, but have another line in my family plan that I could use. I went into Best Buy today to look at one and it certainly seems impressive, but playing with one for 10 minutes is not real world usage. So while the urge to rush out pick one up was VERY strong, I held off. If I can keep up my resolve, I'm sure all the issues should surface in the next week or so and then I can decided if I should pick one up or not. Of course, that's assuming I can keep that resolve. Hmmm.... I think the Best Buy near me is still open for another couple of hours...

I'm in the same boat. However VZW pushing my annual upgrade to now is pushing me to get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers