i was reading that turning this off on other android devices saves a ton of battery life and doesn't affect anything being pushed unless your roaming. does this same thing apply for the moto droid? i turned it off and sent some emails to test it and haven't gotten them its been like 10 minutes and nothing yet so i assume this setting stops emails etc from being pushed?
    05-13-2010 12:13 AM
    Yeah that needs to be on. You might be confusing background data and data roaming. You can toggle data roaming and if it's off you wont be connected to data if you are indeed roaming.
    05-13-2010 09:03 AM
    Does auto sync need to be on? Trying to conserve battery all my friends with Droid say with moderate use they get a day half to two and I get like 8 hours or so
    05-13-2010 09:56 AM
    Does auto sync need to be on? Trying to conserve battery all my friends with Droid say with moderate use they get a day half to two and I get like 8 hours or so
    Holy ****. They get a whole day or two out of it? Wtf? If they do thats really impressive. I can get about a day if I hardly ever use it. Otherwise, I only expect about 6-8 hours out of this bad boy.
    05-13-2010 10:09 AM
    Oh sweet I'm not alone on bout 8 hours guess they never use it lol
    05-13-2010 10:14 AM
    Oh sweet I'm not alone on bout 8 hours guess they never use it lol
    Yea everyone on average here only gets hours out of their phone. We can stretch the life by turning off notifications and only using it as a phone, but, who the hell does that with the Droid lol
    05-13-2010 10:19 AM
    A day is actually very good. I'd suggest tackling your battery life issue by starting with the battery info screen. No sense in randomly tackling things. Take care of your biggest battery hogs first.
    05-13-2010 10:36 AM
    biggest hogs are display (which brightness is off or turned down all the way) and browsing but basically its just display everytime i look at battery usage it lists display as biggest killer so guess its just avg battery life for a droid. just got to get used to it coming from a blackberry where i would go almost 2 days or more because there wasn't this many cool things to do lol
    05-13-2010 10:59 AM
    Yup. 82% of my battery used so far is on my display. Everything else is in the single digits.
    05-13-2010 11:03 AM
    thats pretty much how mine goes except maybe if im doing a lot of browsing then browser might hit 10 or so but mainly its display 80% + lol but guess having such a gorgeous screen has downsides too
    05-13-2010 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD