Visual Voicemail Now Free with Droid?

OutGolfn#AC

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I know its usually $2.99/month. However, today when I purchased the Droid two different verizon reps mentioned on the way out that Visual Voicemail is now free with the Droid. Can anyone confirm this?

You would think if they were trying to sell the feature they would of just asked to add it to my account upfront at activation, instead of reminding me as I was walking out the door.

Who Knows?!?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
yea, it isn't free, when you click on the link on the phone it takes you to the market where it says the app is free but the service is $2.99/mo, which i don't care about since i use google voice anyways. free visual voicemail with text transcriptions is nicer than verizons vvm i think.

however, i don't like that the vvm app (or rather, a link to the app in the market) is on the phone already, and i can't find a way to get rid of it. with the app links that vzw pushed to my blackberry's i could just hide them, but i can't hide this.

it's just one of those anal retentive annoyances.

any help? :)

ericks17

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
That's a big yes. The time a person spends leaving a vm counts against your minutes.

Even if you put your google voice # in your "family & friends?

Does the playback volume seem really low to anyone? I have it enabled to play through the speaker and I can barely hear it.

chrislitzkow

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Couple responses... YES, you can add your Google Voice number to your Friends and Family numbers and the incoming call (which forwards to the G Voice) will not use your minutes. I've been doing this with Verizon for quite some time and have never had an issue.

Second, I love YOUMAIL. It is an extremely smooth and powerful (and just super cool)app if you take the time to really use everything it has to offer. Install the app, go online from a PC, import your contact list.... you'll love this app!

nanozip14

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I use launcherpro for my home screen and phone setings, its great and it also has the option to hide app icons you may not use in your app drawer (ie amazon, visual vm, FB). Also allows you to have up to 7 different homescreens which is great too!

intasia

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
If you add the Google Voice number to you Family and Friends list you will not be charged for any calls my to that number. I have been using it for awhile now. I was wondering though if the Verizon version had a beter translator han Google Voice? You would be amazed with some of the stuff Google Voice comes up with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma