06-06-2010 11:42 AM
26 12
tools
    Anyone else experiencing static in their calls? Just about every call I make, I hear a lot of static on my end, the other caller doesn't hear it. It just doesn't happen in one area, I traveled around yesterday and it was the same no matter where I went.
    11-07-2009 03:23 AM
    No static here (Orlando) - the call quality was surprisingly good in fact. I've come to expect smart phones to miss a bit on the phone part, but this seems to be quite good so far (given a small sample size).
    11-07-2009 05:43 AM
    Call quality here in illinois is very good.
    11-07-2009 07:39 AM
    I was told I was slightly clearer than my BB Pearl.
    11-07-2009 07:40 AM
    Call Quality Is Very Clear In Vegas...Surprisingly The Speaker Phone Was Also Very Clear...
    11-07-2009 02:33 PM
    so much capitalization...

the calls are clear here in southern california on mine too. clear on both ends too, which seemed to be an issue on my tour on the other end.
    11-07-2009 02:36 PM
    Calls are clear in NYC, I did notice that I heard myself a little and sounded a bit digitized, but the call quality was solid.
    11-07-2009 02:41 PM
    Anyone else experiencing static in their calls? Just about every call I make, I hear a lot of static on my end, the other caller doesn't hear it. It just doesn't happen in one area, I traveled around yesterday and it was the same no matter where I went.
    I did notice these during the calls but lowered the volume and don't really notice it.
    11-07-2009 03:52 PM
    Speaking about the volume rocker, anyone else notice that the rocker is a little high or is it just me? I couldn't hear someone on a call and when I tried to raise the volume I kept hitting the lower volume button.
    11-07-2009 04:52 PM
    I've had excellent call quality on my phone so far. Much better than my previous phone.
    11-07-2009 04:59 PM
    I figured I'd bring this to the top as I just got off the phone with my girlfriend and experienced static occasionally throughout the call. It's not overwhelming, very faint but present like I am talking on an analog phone, nit digital.

Now that more people have the Droid and this site is growing.....
    11-08-2009 11:02 PM
    Calls are clear in NYC, I did notice that I heard myself a little and sounded a bit digitized, but the call quality was solid.
    I hear the same thing when I talk, if I keep it up I may be the next T. Pain...

But no one hears it during calls so I'm willing to overlook it.
    11-08-2009 11:13 PM
    Washington State clear as water
    11-08-2009 11:30 PM
    I have been to about 15 different states in the past two weeks and I get static on every call. It is most noticeable when the phone is ringing, in-call right before and after the caller speaks, and occasionally when we are speaking. Sound on this phone can be very warbly and clippy. It is really getting annoying.

I have done a soft-reset, battery pull, speaker phone reset, turned off voice privacy, and tried all three vocoders in the programming menu. I still get static and garbly warbly audio. That's the best way to describe it.

Does Verizon give you a refurb when you exchange or a new phone? Everything works good on my phone, but the faint static and overall voice quality is not acceptable. Does anyone else notice how warbly and clippy the audio quality is? It was the same on the demo Droid at the Verizon store; however, there seems to be many of you without these problems.

Someone mentioned that Verizon was going to fix these issues in an upcoming update, but if only some people have this issue then I think it may be a hardware defect?
    11-21-2009 08:05 PM
    Call quality has been great in Las Vegas thus far, until today. I actually experienced static and a dropped call, while in the Fashion Show Mall on the strip.
    My wife on the other end of the line, thought I was just trying to make excuses to not talk to her. So when I finally did get good reception, I virtually got my *** handed to me. :rolleyes:

But now that I think about it, there are a bunch of microwave transceivers in that mall. Enough to cause any static on any phone.
    11-22-2009 04:04 AM
    I have been to about 15 different states in the past two weeks and I get static on every call. It is most noticeable when the phone is ringing, in-call right before and after the caller speaks, and occasionally when we are speaking. Sound on this phone can be very warbly and clippy. It is really getting annoying.

I have done a soft-reset, battery pull, speaker phone reset, turned off voice privacy, and tried all three vocoders in the programming menu. I still get static and garbly warbly audio. That's the best way to describe it.

Does Verizon give you a refurb when you exchange or a new phone? Everything works good on my phone, but the faint static and overall voice quality is not acceptable. Does anyone else notice how warbly and clippy the audio quality is? It was the same on the demo Droid at the Verizon store; however, there seems to be many of you without these problems.

Someone mentioned that Verizon was going to fix these issues in an upcoming update, but if only some people have this issue then I think it may be a hardware defect?
    I got the same thing. I already exchanged the phone once and they sent me another new one. It sounds the same. Sounds little way to much bass and muffled.
    12-25-2009 07:51 PM
    Maybe try returning the phone? Static isn't a problem you should be having. Maybe you can clarify? Are you getting static as in bad call quality or static like what you get when your TV is on the wrong channel static?
    12-26-2009 11:30 AM
    I have the same issue with static on the line for every call. I hear it but the other person does not. They do sometimes hear a hiss or a buzz or even some reverb. I'm on my third Droid and I'm debating on whether or not to try the HTC Droid Eris instead.
    01-22-2010 05:08 PM
    read the"tips and tricks"thread at the top.. change your frequency to evrc-b least I think that's the setting.
    I saw this reply on another thread. It was so good I'm cutting and pasting it here.
    01-22-2010 07:47 PM
    my droid and my wife's droid call quality is horrible. we've both replaced phones multiple times so it seems a consistent problem.

when i call my wife's phone on my palm, the call quality is much better. so i think both our mics are horrible.

the multiple exchanges, horrible voice call quality, and overall bugginess, makes me regret moving us from iphone to droid. iphone had it's own problems, some structural, but the vaunted verizon voice quality has let us down. voice quality is worse than on at&t.

i'm in michigan with full bars and voice privacy off.
    02-18-2010 11:00 AM
    in call quality is great, however when dialing out the ringer sounds nasty and like static but once the call is connected its fine NJ here
    02-18-2010 11:11 AM
    To get into the programming menu, from the call screen, enter ##PROGRAM and press send. Enter code 000000.

In option 04, you can change the vocode option to EVRC-B, or 13K, it made my in-call audio sound better. I'm currently using the 13K setting. Your phone will reset after you exit and apply the new setting.

Warning: Be careful what options you change in the programming menu, you could potentially brick your phone.

Edit: Forgot to give the code of 000000 to enter at activation screen.
    ^^from the tips tricks and easter eggs..
    I would post the link, but I don't think I have enough posts yet..

Try that..don't know if it will help though..
    02-18-2010 11:11 AM
    ^^from the tips tricks and easter eggs..
    I would post the link, but I don't think I have enough posts yet..

Try that..don't know if it will help though..
    tried it, and there doesn't seem to be much, if any, improvement. looks like yet another exchange for me. this'll be my 3rd droid and my wife's 4th.

by the by, the last 2 have been refurbs. no more new droids on exchange, apparently.
    02-18-2010 12:10 PM
    I did notice it my last couple calls but they were both to my old man and he has at&t and some times doesnt have the best call quality
    02-18-2010 04:39 PM
    I get it from time to time, generally not too bad. Only once did I hang up and try the call again. But I have experienced it on nearly any smart phone I have ever owned at one point or another.
    02-18-2010 06:42 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD