droid save motorola

remark088

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Hey I was just wondering. Did the droid save motorola as a company. Also is droid 2 for sure coming. because if it is I will wait insted of getting the incredible.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The Droid helped their bottom line and breathed life into their company yes their will be a Droid 2 and shadow both coming out around the same Time. The Droid will be an upgraded version same screen redesigned keyboard better specs same screen size. And the shadow will have a 4.1 inch screen no keyboard better camera and possibly blur. I'm waiting for the shadow

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
are you sure Bizz, i could have sword i read somthing saying that they were both going to have 4.3 inch screens. i dont remember where i read it and i could be wrong but i will be a very depressed little boy if it doesn't have the 4.3 in. screen

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
You can't turn off blur, only some of the phones with Sense, not even all of them.

what htc phone is out now that you can disable sense? from my knowledge, currently you can't but up until it was announced that the evo could shut sense off, no other htc phone was able to. this might be a thing that google has stated to the cellphone manufacturers in order to help minimize the fragmentation of android.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
oh yeah, kind of went off topic. sorry

the best example i can compare the situation of Motorola before the android phones (particularly the droid) is Palm before the Pre (i know this phone has been mentioned a lot lately and after this im gonna try to avoid talking about it). They were just getting by and not really making a significant profit especially with Apple, Blackberry and a few others that developed for WinMo. Android was their last ditch effort to make a dent in the market. I think there were even rumors saying that Motorola was planning on selling the company around that time. The fact that the Droid came stock with 2.1 and Verizon advertised the hell out of it, there was an established name even before it officially released. So after they sold a huge quantitiy (I dont know the exact amount but i almost sure that it was more than motorola was expecting) it dug them out of the hole they were in. You can see just by looking at how many phones they have released all over the world since the droid.

the funny thing is that when the pics of the droid leaked, i thought it was the ugliest phone i ever saw (i think it was the same color as the devour) but now i think it is the best looking phone. it's a beast.

R

Roy Aguilera

Don't apologize Bit. This forum is great thanks to you guys (your opinions, discussions, views)

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
what htc phone is out now that you can disable sense? from my knowledge, currently you can't but up until it was announced that the evo could shut sense off, no other htc phone was able to. this might be a thing that google has stated to the cellphone manufacturers in order to help minimize the fragmentation of android.

The Desire or Legend you can, I don't remember which. Maybe it's both.