Wasn't too thrilled with the 2-3ft charger that came in the box, but the Bluetooth headset I bought has a longer 6ft charger - great!

well, I plug in the longer charger, and the phone doesnt recognize it. It only charges off the charger it came with.

Anyone else notice this as well? fixes?
    11-07-2009 01:01 PM
    This is a BIG motorola problem , even happends with the razor lol , even though it says unauthorized charger, it should still charge it .
    11-07-2009 01:09 PM
    Yeah, I remember it happening with the Razr, but as I recall not all 3rd party chargers had the problem.

I have a Blackberry wall charger that I used with a mini-to-micro adapter and it charged my Droid just fine.
    11-07-2009 01:20 PM
    wow that sucks. Guess I need to buy a micro-usb Motorola charger - that isn't 2ft long
    11-07-2009 01:37 PM
    I am able to use both my BB wall and cigarette charger on my Droid. Also, USB from BB works on the Droid.
    Hope this helps and happy to be a new convert to the Android OS
    11-07-2009 01:49 PM
    I used my charger for my BB Tour (I'm a convert too) and it charges just fine. It surprised me when the little white light showed up next to the port when I plugged it in.
    11-07-2009 01:52 PM
    it's weird since the motorola charger is a USB brick and they just give you a microUSB cable with it..

i'm like the others, the random BB chargers i've tried work just fine as well as the handful of microUSB cables i have lying around...

the car charger i got from verizon when i bought my first storm works fine too

maybe there's something weird about your headset's charger that the phone isn't liking
    11-07-2009 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD