06-07-2010 08:59 PM
169 ... 567
tools
    Hey, guys.

Get yourself some Froyo love!

http://www.androidcentral.com/hey-dr...royo-and-flash
    06-05-2010 11:09 AM
    OMG what a fool jobs is. ive been browsing like a mad man watching videos..and the battery life on this badboy is outstanding.
    06-05-2010 02:40 PM
    I'm trying to install 2.2 on my droid but according to the MyDroidWorld.com forums I need either Clockwork Recovery Nandroid or SP Recovery Nandroid to do this. I've searched the market for either one of the apps and can't seem to find it. Where would I go to get the apps needed to install 2.2
    06-05-2010 09:38 PM
    I have had 2.2 on my Droid for about 2 hours. Flash runs a little choppy but the phone is really quick. Once 2.2 is loaded it is really, really slow for about 15 minutes or so. After that time it has been blazing. I have overclocked to 1ghz but I have it set to 600mhz Max so I could are how it would run stock. So far so good.
    06-05-2010 10:01 PM
    I've had 2.2 on my Droid for a few hours and it's fast as expected, especially with Launcher Pro.
    06-05-2010 10:23 PM
    Can someone please post a video of the Droid running this leaked Froyo build?
    06-06-2010 05:44 AM
    i installed 2.2 but how to i regain root? im running sprecovery thanks
    06-06-2010 08:45 AM
    i installed 2.2 but how to i regain root? im running sprecovery thanks
    You're already rooted.
    06-06-2010 10:51 AM
    figured it out thanks..... is it just me or is the market really slow? is there a way to fix it? ive pulled battery and rebooted sevral times. and still seeems to be slow.. any ideas?
    06-06-2010 11:04 AM
    For me, market was slow at first, but it was because it was redownloading my 65 or so applications. It seemed that some of the apps, notably Google Maps, has an issue installing and the market seemed to just sit there, trying to download all the rest of my apps, seemingly forever. I manually cancelled maps and a few other ones that were just hanging. After restarting, waited 10 minutes and got a notification that 60 apps were auto restored from market and google backup. I then manually installed whatever i cancelled and haven't looked back since.

Everything is pretty snappy...

Overall, I might be switching back to my 2.1 for the time being, even tho this is pretty cool. My reasons are that wifi tethering isn't built in, and the wifi tethering app i used on 2.1 no longer works (or works by very poorly). Also, installing apps on sdcard didn't seem to be available. I used clockwork to partitin my sdcard but still do not have options to move an app to sdcard yet. I am quite pleased tho with the speed and the stability of this build, and expect nothing but good things for the final release.
    06-06-2010 12:47 PM
    Yeah initially the phone is slow to boot the first time and then the push off all those downloads back down from the market is killer.. but after that its really snappy.

Yeah Barnicle seems to work but not sure if its not working well or what. I need to play with it a bit to see if I can get it working. Not sure I want to go back to 2.1 after playing with this build. Oh and VAD (Voice Activated Dialing) is sweet through Blue Tooth. Works like a charm.

For those asking about SPF Recovery and Nanodroid you will want to jump into the Root/Hack sub-forum and start reading about rooting your 2.1 phone. Rooting for the first time can be a little confusing but it shouldn't take much longer than an hour or so, even going real slow through each step. There are videos on how to do it. Once you are rooted, then you can follow the steps linked over on alldroid on how to get up to 2.2.
    06-06-2010 02:18 PM
    I've been running 2.2 since last night and I freakin' love it! Google finally addressed some of the issues I had with Android (sort contacts by last name and exchange integration mainly). There are some additional pluses that are very welcome also, such as threaded call log. Very cool! I am loving this build. It is definitely faster than on 2.1. I am so thankful for the smart people out there who can provide these builds well in advance of the service providers.
    06-06-2010 06:09 PM
    Shoot, I must be the only one which has had problems on Froyo. My Droid would hang and freeze when going to home screen, it froze after a phone call ended as well. Had to pull my battery several times just like those BB days LOL.

Went back to Bugless Beast 1.1 for now.

By the way. There is a leaked baseband update out:

Its version C_01.41.00R
    06-06-2010 10:34 PM
    I'm currently running Froyo without issue. I dig it. I like the incorporated phone and web buttons on the launcher, saves me a little room on the main screen. I also like the 5 screens, 3 was starting to get a little crowded.
    06-07-2010 12:31 AM
    So, I am having a problem with Froyo and wifi. I can't seem to get enterprise WPA2 working for some reason. When I first set it up it works for a little bit, but then disconnects randomly and won't reconnect.

Can anyone else test this?

-Peter
    06-07-2010 02:08 PM
    I'm currently running Froyo without issue. I dig it. I like the incorporated phone and web buttons on the launcher, saves me a little room on the main screen. I also like the 5 screens, 3 was starting to get a little crowded.
    Have you tried using LauncherPro? It's a great home replacement app that allows some pretty cool changes to your home screen (allows 3-7 screens and choosing your "home" screen, customizable buttons next to the launcher (4 buttons to choose) and allowing 5 rows on the screen.
    06-07-2010 03:53 PM
    Someone make a ****ing video already.
    06-07-2010 08:23 PM
    Can we please be civil.

You can probably search youtube and find one. Somebody has probably made one by now.
    06-07-2010 08:57 PM
    Would it be crazy to think that maybe they were waiting to see what was revealed at WWDC today before releasing the final version of 2.2? Might we get a few surprises?

BTW, thanks for all of the great info and advice shared here. This site is my go-to for my Droid.
    06-07-2010 08:59 PM
169 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD