Sound Profiles

cward0625

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if I am missing something, I do not get how i set profiles. I have been manually having to go in and turn ringtones off, and alerts off. I know the phone has a silent feature, but I am looking to be able to do a quick switch between noise alerts/rings to a vibrate mode (Everything vibrates).

I tried some searches could not find info on this.

cward0625

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I think this is a bit of a pain I am noticing. Not the end of the work but i find myself missing calls as i just leave my phone in vibrate all the time.

Reason being is I want 2 profiles, not time sensitive, just to switch to
Emails - No Sound, Vibration does not matter either
Text Messages - Sound or a vibrate notification
Calls - Sound/Ringtone

2. Everything vibrates

2 is achievable but I am having trouble with the 1st. I dl sound manager, but when i move the notification volume down, the ringtone volume goes down too.

TMH478

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I so hope there is a solution here. Between this and the extremely flawed Facebook app, my Droid is sitting in its box!

Stephman

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Sound/Vibrate remedy

I think this is a bit of a pain I am noticing. Not the end of the work but i find myself missing calls as i just leave my phone in vibrate all the time.

Reason being is I want 2 profiles, not time sensitive, just to switch to
Emails - No Sound, Vibration does not matter either
Text Messages - Sound or a vibrate notification
Calls - Sound/Ringtone

2. Everything vibrates

2 is achievable but I am having trouble with the 1st. I dl sound manager, but when i move the notification volume down, the ringtone volume goes down too.

Here's how I did it with no widgets or software from the Marketplace
-first, turn up ur volume via the rocker switch
-From the main Droid homepage, press "Menu" then "Settings"
-Then press "Sound & Display"
-Press "Ringer Volume" and check "Use incoming call volume for notifications" and press "Ok"
-Press "Phone vibrate" checkbox on

-Go back to homescreen.
-Open "Messaging"
-Press Menu key and press "Settings"
-Scroll down to "Notifications Settings" section
-Press "Vibrate" checkbox so that it is checked

-Go back to homepage and open Gmail or regular Mail app, whichever you're using.
-Press Menu key, then press "Settings"
-I like to have email notifications in Status bar, so I check "Email Notifications"
-"Select ringtone", I have this set to "Silent" option.
-"Vibrate", you're option, I have mine unchecked

So when I'm at home or out and about and I want sounds, I toggle my Volume rocker on the side to max volume or alittle below max.

When I'm at work and just want my phone to vibrate, I tobble my Volume Rocker on the side all the way down until the sound is off.
THEN tap the Volume rocker up 1 notch and you'll feel the phone vibrate.

So now in this mode, phone calls vibrate, text msgs vibrate, everything vibrates, EXCEPT my GMail emails. I only get a blinking light and an email notification in the status bar if my screen is on.

Hope this helps...and hope I explained it well enough for you to follow

Stephman

ThirstyTurtle

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Here's how I did it with no widgets or software from the Marketplace
-first, turn up ur volume via the rocker switch
-From the main Droid homepage, press "Menu" then "Settings"
-Then press "Sound & Display"
-Press "Ringer Volume" and check "Use incoming call volume for notifications" and press "Ok"
-Press "Phone vibrate" checkbox on

-Go back to homescreen.
-Open "Messaging"
-Press Menu key and press "Settings"
-Scroll down to "Notifications Settings" section
-Press "Vibrate" checkbox so that it is checked

-Go back to homepage and open Gmail or regular Mail app, whichever you're using.
-Press Menu key, then press "Settings"
-I like to have email notifications in Status bar, so I check "Email Notifications"
-"Select ringtone", I have this set to "Silent" option.
-"Vibrate", you're option, I have mine unchecked

So when I'm at home or out and about and I want sounds, I toggle my Volume rocker on the side to max volume or alittle below max.

When I'm at work and just want my phone to vibrate, I tobble my Volume Rocker on the side all the way down until the sound is off.
THEN tap the Volume rocker up 1 notch and you'll feel the phone vibrate.

So now in this mode, phone calls vibrate, text msgs vibrate, everything vibrates, EXCEPT my GMail emails. I only get a blinking light and an email notification in the status bar if my screen is on.

Hope this helps...and hope I explained it well enough for you to follow

Stephman

I have mine set exactly the same as your Stephman! I do wish I could have "profiles" or something similar as there are on BlackBerrys but it's not that big of a deal, I'm sure an app for 2.0 will come out soon that will meet my needs, or an update to existing apps to reduce the number of bugs and increase functionality.

xiaosong

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
There is a app called Profiles that I got that allows you to set different ones just like the blackberry, like vibrate, night, normal etc. You can customize the volume of a bunch of different settings.

It's free on the app store and its in beta right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie