whats the deal with my wi-fi

miamiboy305

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
whats up guys first post on the forums coming over from blackberry. im having problems connecting to my wi-fi. i enter my security password then it says remembered,secured with wpa/wpa2 psk so then i click on it again and then a window that says connect forget or cancel comes out i press the connect and nothing happens the window just closes. whats the deal here?

lusis

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
There appear to be some funky issues with wi-fi at the moment. There's a handy thread going on over at the motorola site (https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/16191?tstart=0). Here's what I've found works:

Open networks
WPA2

I've not bothered with WEP and I've read several places where WPA isn't working at all.

I've been able to connect to a linksys wrt54gl running x-wrt at home but not my HP AP 420. I'll be around more APs on Monday so I'll have a bigger sample size to work with.

I fully expect a software update next week to fix the random wireless issues people are having.

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Mine did that too... You just have to let it sit it will connect on its own. I put my info in and then it didnt connect. I hit the menu and the scan button then exited menu. I got a notification a couple mins later that it connected.

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm connected with my WPA2 and my Belkin N+ with no problems (that I've detected.) Is it possible that some folks have installed an app that's creating a conflict?

cookdav

Nov 7, 2009
mysite.verizon.net
I tend to believe that there are few if any real BUGS in wifi-security in these phones, but
rather that there is a LOT of mis-understanding about how to get access.
(e.g. people forget what the router's assigned security CODE really is, etc, and/or what form
to enter it in, etc).

[But, of course, I'm just 'guessing', as there also COULD be a BUG involved, too.]

wsbsteven

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
WPA2 with AES is really the only settings that should be used in the home (if you don't have legacy devices that don't support it) if you're interested in good security. WEP is completely broken and TKIP is weakened.

maticus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I could not get my Droid to connect to my wifi with WEP. (Ya, ya, I know WEP is weak. Trust me, I know.)

It would authenticate but then would fail after saying "Receiving IP address". Turned off wifi security on the router and then the Droid could connect.

I've left wifi unsecured for now. Not a big deal in my case, my house is probably 100ft or more from the street and my nearest neighbor's house is over 500ft away.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I tend to believe that there are few if any real BUGS in wifi-security in these phones, but
rather that there is a LOT of mis-understanding about how to get access.
(e.g. people forget what the router's assigned security CODE really is, etc, and/or what form
to enter it in, etc).

[But, of course, I'm just 'guessing', as there also COULD be a BUG involved, too.]

Woops wrong thread. Delete

Sent from my SCH-I605

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power