Phone Calls Only like BB?

plifebryan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
So it seems that there is no option for a phone calls only notification. Would be nice to sleep without e-mails coming thru. It seems that you need to go into whatever app that has notifications ie e-mail, g-mail, any IM client facebook and manually change them ALL to silent... This is crazy - can anyone confrim?

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I think you can adjust this with the "locale" app. Maybe set something so that late nights your phone notifications work are on, but the others are silent.

jjenson

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
hmm I will have to test but I change everything to silent at night and haven't heard a thing. But maybe I am just a sound sleeper.

vsugorilla9

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
i downloaded an app from the market called Bedside Clock. it costs 1.50 but it basically works just like the bedside mode on the blackberry. when i plug it in to charge it automatically comes on and it silences the notifications except for phone calls. it works perfect so far. i dont know if you were looking for something free but this works good for me.

chrislitzkow

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
'Locale' will do this for you. Set a "bedtime" condition and then create the settings you're looking for. Works perfectly for me, and I was in the same boat as you... loved the phone-only. This will do it for you.

TMH478

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
i downloaded an app from the market called Bedside Clock. it costs 1.50 but it basically works just like the bedside mode on the blackberry. when i plug it in to charge it automatically comes on and it silences the notifications except for phone calls. it works perfect so far. i dont know if you were looking for something free but this works good for me.

Looks like a cool app. Does it go to bedside mode EVERY time you plug it in or does it know when it's the night time?

chrislitzkow

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Getting the profiles set up to my liking is STILL an issue. Apps I've tried (like Locale) seem to work... until they don't. Seems like it should be so natural to be able to differentiate ringtones/vibrate between seperate email accounts, SMS, notifications, etc. The Droid lumps everything into "Notifications" which I don't like. This is one thing I REALLY miss about my BB.

TMH478

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My buddy just tried Bedside and likes it. He said you can determine which texts you want to wake you. Kinda cool, actually. I still want to know if this application knows the difference between day and night? If it silences the notifications every time you plug the phone in, I suppose that would be counterproductive. Can anyone verify?

tds101

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I dumped my BB Storm, and the email functions were better, but I'll stay w/my Droid. It will improve over time. Just thank GOD that it's not like the first gen Storm, that was a year of hell for me,......... :(

Ret.Lt-SA

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Wow!! I didn't know about this app. Does it allow your alarm to go off?

Yes, your alarms will still go off. With the Droid there is a problem setting up individual contacts but the developer has a fix that he will email to you upon request. Or, you can wait till he posts it up on the market. I installed it no problem and I can select individual contacts to allow through and turn off all others. Great at night when you only want to allow through certain contacts.

bitman

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
So it seems that there is no option for a phone calls only notification. Would be nice to sleep without e-mails coming thru. It seems that you need to go into whatever app that has notifications ie e-mail, g-mail, any IM client facebook and manually change them ALL to silent... This is crazy - can anyone confrim?

I only have 2 e-mail accounts so I just change "Email check frequency" to never when I go to bed and then change back in the morning.

vsugorilla9

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
bedside clock goes into bedside mode everytime you plus it in but there is a setting that you can change to not make it do that. but if you dont want it on i just plug it in then press the back button and it doesnt mute notifications anymore. so it doesnt "know" when it is night time but there is also a setting you can set the brightness by different night and day modes.

Yes bedside still allows the alarm to ring. there are actually 4 shortcuts on the bottom. one is alarm clock, one is music, one is to make the screen bright and another that you can set up to be anything in the settings.

And notifications will be silenced unless you want to leave them on there is a setting for that. and it even allows you to silence email and enable sms if you wanted to. and your phonecalls still come through no. if you wanted to silence phone calls too just silence your phone.

This has been a great app and i like it more than i did the bedside mode on the storm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge