I went back 3 pages in this forum, and didnt see my answer. So here goes.

Does PDANET still work on the Moto Droid? Is that still be best way to tether, or is there someting better?

Does the update to 2.1 effect tethering using pdanet?
    05-19-2010 01:08 PM
    Works as far as I know (last time I used it it worked). PDANet is the best way I know of if you're not rooted.
    05-19-2010 01:36 PM
    PDANet works quite well. At the moment you can root your phone and have it set up like a WiFi hotspot which also works pretty good. In my opinion PDANet works a little better though.
    05-19-2010 01:46 PM
    There's also Easy Tether, a less expensive alternative. It's worked well the little I've used it.
    05-19-2010 04:55 PM
    PDAnet works great. I use it all the time.
    05-19-2010 05:20 PM
    PDANet free works great as long as you dont need access to secure sites, such as a VPN, or any SSL encrypted pages.

otherwise it's a great and free alternative to tethering.. however don't abuse it. Verizon has been watching data usage very closely.
    05-19-2010 06:42 PM
    PDANet free works great as long as you dont need access to secure sites, such as a VPN, or any SSL encrypted pages.

otherwise it's a great and free alternative to tethering.. however don't abuse it. Verizon has been watching data usage very closely.
    It is actually for a customer of mine that has a BB but wants to tether still. So the data will basically be the same from month to month.
    05-20-2010 10:35 AM
    PDANet says it supports VPN. Does it not? I actually downloaded and tethered and the internet is very fast but was unable to get to my work network. I went through the VPN steps and set it up on the phone and it says it's connected to the vpn. Any help would be appreciated.
    05-20-2010 03:27 PM
    Works last time I used it.
    05-24-2010 02:08 PM
    It is actually for a customer of mine that has a BB but wants to tether still. So the data will basically be the same from month to month.
    For Blackberry's i would recommend tether app (aka tetherberry) It usually goes on sale for 50% off. I bought it when it was 20 bucks and it was solid. Worked very well with my netbook.
    05-26-2010 02:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD