My alarm clock isn't working!!!

emdee81

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. Any one having issues with there alarm not going off on there droid. Two days in a row, I woke up a little late in the morning because the alarm did not go off. I then set it for a a minute ahead of the current time and it worked. I'm not a heavy sleeper so I know I didn't turn it off and go back to sleep.

Pipester

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a strange issue.... I've never encountered it. Check the alarm settings, make sure there is a sound enabled.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I use mine for an alarm clock everyday. A few times, it hasn't worked. Sometimes it just needs a restart. I have also had audio levels get funky sometime. I would download an audio level app, to confirm that various volumns. However, it might just be a thing that happens sometimes. Remember, it's a computer.

emdee81

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Well the alarm is on, the settings are correct. I do have a task killer and that might be the issue. My task killer kills apps every couple hours (while I'm sleeping) so that may be it. It didn't work this morning, but I restarted the phone and did some tests and it worked fine.. myriad46 is right, it is a computer so it may be acting strange...

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Try uninstalling the task killer and see if the alarm clock works. It's working when you test it because you're opening it, setting it for a minute ahead, and it works because it's staying open and the task killer doesn't work that quickly. Overnight, it may shut down the alarm clock program.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I use mine every work day for an alarm. It only failed once for me, and I blame this on me not rebooting my droid for over 2 weeks.

I would think in the OP's situation, it is probably the task killer. If you don't know exactly what you are doing with task killers, they can cause more harm than good.

SMJUCmoose

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a task killer....per say. I have astro file manager and every once and a while I'll kill all the processes but no active task killer.

stick2e

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Make sure task killer is not killing the alarm clock! This happened to me before and this is what I found. Ensure that your clock is not select to be close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678