Better Keyboard Issues - unresponsive or does not type?

blackops#IM

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Was wondering for anyone who has bought Better Keyboard if they have noticed this problem at all.

There have been multiple times where I will be typing and then all of a sudden nothing shows up as I type in the text box. It does nothing. I can then switch to the other view (portrait or landscape) that I was not it and it will show what I was typing. It is weird it continues to type but does not show it at all.

I do not know what is going on at all or what the issues are and if it is just me or others experiencing it as well.

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
been using Better keyboard for awhile and it works fine.. are you using a skin or add on? what version are you running?

Original Goonie

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Was wondering for anyone who has bought Better Keyboard if they have noticed this problem at all.

There have been multiple times where I will be typing and then all of a sudden nothing shows up as I type in the text box. It does nothing. I can then switch to the other view (portrait or landscape) that I was not it and it will show what I was typing. It is weird it continues to type but does not show it at all.

I do not know what is going on at all or what the issues are and if it is just me or others experiencing it as well.

I purchased it as well and i have not had any issues at all, i would uninstall it and then reinstall it. Hopefully it will fix the issues your having. Also, i am not using any skins for mine, so if you are i would disable it.

blackops#IM

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I am actually using version 38, at least that is the version that is stated under settings > applications.

How do you know if you are using a skin at all? I dont think that I am at all but not sure completely.

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
you would have DLL the skin from marketplace and enabled it in the settings for better Keyboard.. I would stop the service and restart...

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
its just a customizable keyboard.. also supports gestures such as swipe to change between letters and numbers and other tweaks..

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
hmm , you think its worth the $$ ? , i find myself to be using the slider keyboard more then the on screen

blackops#IM

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Ok now I have another problem. I uninstalled Better Keyboard because of the issues.
However now my regular android keyboard will not work at all. The keyboard pops up both in portrait and landscape mode but you can type the hell out of the keyboard and nothing. The keys light up and everything acts like it is working but nothing actually types into the text field, TO field, etc.

However I can slide open the hard keyboard and start typing and it works.

Now I am perplexed and not sure what I can do and how to even fix this. Anyone have any suggestions at all since this is annoying and just plain stupid now?

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm...perhaps I'll have to check it out, but I can't imagine that I could type that much faster than I already can with the stock on-screen kb

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad