Are you using a case?

Are you using a case?

• Total voters

xeking

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Bought the Bodyglove case and took it off within a day. Makes the phone almost twice as thick and it wont work with the dock or car dock that will be here today. I have the vzw screen protector on it now but will probably be replacing it with a invizashield one, though it works and looks fine with the vzw one. The battery cover is really starting to bother me... but Im sure I will figure it out

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Bought the Bodyglove case and took it off within a day. Makes the phone almost twice as thick and it wont work with the dock or car dock that will be here today. I have the vzw screen protector on it now but will probably be replacing it with a invizashield one, though it works and looks fine with the vzw one. The battery cover is really starting to bother me... but Im sure I will figure it out

Battery cover keeps slipping off here, too. No disasters *yet*.

I think I might just try a small piece of tape or something to help hold it in place, it can't take much. For this reason alone I'd be willing to try out a silicone type case, but not if it wont fit in the car dock.

boo to not thinking of these things ahead of time.

TKNOVA

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I started out with the Body Glove case and belt clip on day one but quickly scrapped the idea. The case interfered with hitting the buttons on the top row of the phyical keyboard. It was also a major hassle to take the phone out of the case to use the windshield mount for the GPS navigation. I returned the Body Glove case and went with the simple clip-in belt holster. The belt holster works great....easy access and quick removal.

Last edited:

dschwa

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm using a great magnetic case

funny cause the internal service notice I read elsewhere here, said not to use magnet cases because they can turn the phone into multi-media dock mode or Nav mode.

Mine does not turn the phone on at all and I've had it for a few days now. It's one of those highway gadget stall ones purchased for $14.99 on the Mass. Pike.

Love my case.

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
On Saturday I went to my local VZW store to see if they had any cases. They had the Body Glove snap on and a black two piece gel snap on case that looked a bit thinner and lighter and didn't have a clip option (which was fine with me.) They only had the display model but said if I ordered one there it would come in two days, with free shipping, and 20% off. So, I gave them about $13.50. Imagine my surprise when it really did get here in 2 business days.

It snaps on easily and gives access to all controls. It covers the volume rocker. Haven't tried that yet, but every other port and feature is accessible. No problem opening the keyboard. Overall, I'm favorably impressed. I may yet purchase a thin silicone case when they become available, just to see which I prefer. For now, I like this case. I think the Droid will absorb shocks better and should be less likely to slip out of my pocket. I doubt it would work well with a pouch or holster, but for the most part, I'm not likely to use a holster often. (I already carry a Blackberry for work 24/7 and 2 phones in holsters is just too geeky.)

BigTex71

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I posted this on the Holster thread, but it fits here, also:

I got my Droid on launch day and I bought a holster/case with it (and some other accessories) from the Verizon store. The holster said Droid Eris on the package and it has a magnetic close, but it does not appear to put the Droid in Car or Media mode. You may want to check into that holster from Verizon. It is black leather and has a Verizon Wireless stamped into the leather on the lower right side.

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have the Body Glove case...it's bulky but has a nice grippy texture to it. I have the belt clip thing attached right now, but as soon as I find a nice pouch, I'll take that out and put the smooth piece in.

Has anyone tried cutting off the top, left part of the Body Glove case (for the top part of the phone)? It doesn't have a tab holding it to the phone so it's kind of loose anyway and that is the part that hinders typing on the keyboard. Thinking of cutting that part off and smoothing off the edge....thoughts?

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking of the Body Glove snap on case, but I didn't want to add bulk to the design, plus I got the Multi-Media Docking cradle, so I didn't want to keep taking it off and putting it on again.

I'm using the Verizon branded thin leather side belt clip case. I don't like putting my phone in my pocket, I don't really need a lot of protection for it as I am not very abusive to my phones....so that did the job for me for now :D