Are you using a case?

Are you using a case?

• Total voters

brandonscott

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Anyone using their droid with a case? Or are you using it naked?

I'm trying to decide if I should buy a case or not. I already have a screen protector..

Vote please! :)

Original Goonie

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
The only thing that i use if its going into a "case" is the clip in holster. That is because i use both the car dock and the multimedia dock. I can't stand taking off a case everytime i want to do something with those.

Nic Allen

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Just an FYI the Droid fits perfectly in the G1 pouch, which you can find for a few bucks on ebay. Thats what i am using right now, fits great in my pocket.

ibdoomed

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Ironically I found a rocketfish magnetic pouch at best buy. It's a little tight but so are BB cases at first and they stretch out, so I hope this one will as well. I chose it because it doesn't trigger either dock mode.

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
i wish they would make docks so that they can be adjusted for cases especially since manufactors dont like to replace phones. but i bought the blue hard case and im taking it back and im using just a pouch until the nice 3rd party cases come out.

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
the tour pouch fits it perfectly just an fyi... but the magnet is in the same spot as the cardock so it puts it in car mode...

dcx3

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
bought a hard case from Verizon with the phone, and it fit the phone fine, but made it hard to slide open and pushed up on the screen so I returned it.

Bought a body glove case and it works great. solid feel.

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Anyone using their droid with a case? Or are you using it naked?

I'm trying to decide if I should buy a case or not. I already have a screen protector..

Vote please! :)

I beg your pardon, sir! I have been fully clothed while using my Droid. Well, mostly.:eek:

No case or skin yet, but ordered one from VZW.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
never been a fan of cases. especially after i started using various docks. it would annoy the heck out of me if i had to take the case off every night.

plus with the new trend of the soft touch coating on the backs, coupled with the glass screen, i have even less reason too.

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
never been a fan of cases. especially after i started using various docks. it would annoy the heck out of me if i had to take the case off every night.

plus with the new trend of the soft touch coating on the backs, coupled with the glass screen, i have even less reason too.

Right now I don't anticipate using a car dock (I have a GPS in my car that works well) and I'm waiting to see if Inmotion or someone else produces a multimedia dock with real speakers such as iPod owners use. That said, I don't mind peeling off a skin when I know I'm going to be sitting at my desk for a while and want to listen to music.

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
i'd like a case, as I'm finding the battery "door" slips off EXTREMELY easily -- I'm sure a bit of tape or something on the underside would take care of that issue pretty quickly.

I intend on purchasing the car mount to use the droid as a GPS (dont already have one), so I don't think I'll be getting a case, as it definitely wont fit without removing the case. I wont be putting on and taking off the case every time I get in my car.

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
No case yet, but one is on order from Amazon (they have a case, car charger, and power adapter kit available). It'll be a side case on the belt when it comes in.

mikedigital

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I bought the Body Glove VZW case when I bought the phone. I took it back later that day because I also bought the car mount and it wouldn't fit with the case on. So my logic is that I hate talking on the phone in the car all the time, and I rarely drop my phone so car dock won in the end. Also, I didn't like how much larger it was but more importantly than that was that the top row of keys were a bit hard to hit.