Attaching sound issue

iler19

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I was at the verizon store and on the phone with tech support i was talking to a women and expliaind to her that i was unable to attatch a sound file to a mms message. She told me to go to compose new mess and hit menu, attach and she told me to name off what i saw. Pictures, capture pic, videos, capture video, Record sound, Slideshow. Well in her troubleshooting menu it says that between Capture vid and Record sound should be ATTACH SOUND. Weird, She put me on hold and i went into the store checked three of their demos and they all were the same:(. I grabbed HTC ERIS which is running android 1.5, went to attach, Guess what attach sound was at top of list. When the rep cam back i told her and she didnt have an answer she was going to look into it and call me back. Well see about that.

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I can't attach sound to pic message

I own a Droid X running the latest 2.3 software. I've had my phone about 15 days when I discovered that I can attach a picture, or I can attach a sound, but I am unable to attach both. I called Verizon and the tech guy said he didn't know of that issue. He grabbed a Droid X and could not do it either, he then tried to do the same thing on an HTC phone, and again no luck. He said he thought it was an Android software issue. I called Motorola and talked to their support guys. This guy said he didn't know of this issue but after looking into it he said I was right, and it was an issue. How can my brand new $500+ phone be unable to do something that my 2.5 year LG Dare can? When are they gonna fix this very annoying issue?

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Is there an option to attach a slideshow on your phone? That's what I use when I want to add sound with a picture.

You can also try Handcent. It's a messaging app in the market that has a lot more options than the stock messaging app.

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes there is an option to attach a slide show, but I wanted to have the sound and pic play simultaneously, not independently. Handcent does allow you to do more things than the included txt app, but it still will not let you attach a sound and pic together. I found another app called Chomp SMS, and it will allow you to attach a sound a pic to one message. When you recieve a pic message with sound however, it will still separate it out into a slide show.

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Handcent does allow you to do more things than the included txt app, but it still will not let you attach a sound and pic together.

Handcent does let you do that. Just go to attach a slideshow and only add one slide. Then you can add a picture and a sound to that one slide. Then make sure the slide displays long enough to play the entire sound and it will show the picture and play the sound at the same time.