How do i remount the SDcard

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Rebooting the phone was the only way I could figure out. I probably hit the same button as you to unmount it. :)

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
If you hit the button in settings->storage you're actually running a linux umount command. What will need done after that would be to run the mount -o -rw,remount -t command on the sd card. I know taking out the card and re-inserting it works, unless you've flucked up the automount script (I'm sure you haven't), and rebooting the phone calls automount.

On the Hero I have here in my hands, the only way I can see to remount the card AFTER you've manually unmounted is to open a term and remount it, or remove/reinsert, or reboot. Looks like the option to unmount it is only when you want to remove without powering down.

If you mount/unmount from the notification bar (as when you plug in to your pc) it runs a more friendly script that gives you the option to unmount from device and mount to the computer, and unmount from computer then remount on device.

Short version - unless you're going to remove the sd card, don't use that button :p

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
If you hit the button in settings->storage you're actually running a linux umount command. What will need done after that would be to run the mount -o -rw,remount -t command on the sd card. I know taking out the card and re-inserting it works, unless you've flucked up the automount script (I'm sure you haven't), and rebooting the phone calls automount.

On the Hero I have here in my hands, the only way I can see to remount the card AFTER you've manually unmounted is to open a term and remount it, or remove/reinsert, or reboot. Looks like the option to unmount it is only when you want to remove without powering down.

If you mount/unmount from the notification bar (as when you plug in to your pc) it runs a more friendly script that gives you the option to unmount from device and mount to the computer, and unmount from computer then remount on device.

Short version - unless you're going to remove the sd card, don't use that button :p

Thanks for the info lol ,im a pc guy so 1/2 the stuff you just said went out the window lol, but i got what i needed from it lol thanks for the info

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
lol. Sorry...replace the instances where I say "unmount, remount, and mount" with "using the removable device icon in the tray on your windows machine to connect and disconnect". Same basic theory.

NetVijay

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Try connecting your ERIS to your PC via a USB cable, you could see options on the top bar "mount" or "unmount". Now click on mount. It would display a message to turn off the storage. Click ok and you're all set.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
when you go into settings/storage theres where you can hit "unmount SD card" then after it unmounts it changes to "mount SD card" so you can re-mount it, or is your phone not doing this??