droid wifi strength is weak

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
hello, i got droid and loving it so far..

Only problem i have is wifi signal strength is very weak(one or two bar), even though I am doing it right in front of my wireless router.

I had friend who has iphone tested it out and his signal is full.

is there something wrong w/ my hardware? is anyone else experincing this?

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I think its the software side of it , because mine is doing the same , but when i look at the actually signal i am revieving its full, so i think its just the visual display is off.

jjenson

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I am the same as Sooks not only that but testing out the speed and its screaming along but always shows 1 or 2 bars only.

Are you noticing actually speed problems or just the visual aspect like Sooks said?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Maybe the scale is different and 2 bars on the droid = 5 bars on the iPhone. Mine at the office got full 802.11 speed from the repeater in the attic, but I don't recall how many bars it had.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

This is my first post. Thanks for this site/forum.

I do not have any problem with the wifi strength and I using a Linsys WRT610N. The signal is good at any place in my house.

Kronko

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
so this is software issue? i hope which they can fix? so far.. iphone is blowing away droid in wifi performance testing(in every way).. but droid is better overall.. still.. want to make decision if there is going to be a problem w/ wifi.

W/ this hardware power, internet surfing at home should be unstoppable.

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
btw, when i was watching hd trailer on youtube, sometimes it would stop because wifi is not fast enough.. i have yet to find speed testing site which does not use flash(so i haven't been able to do direct speed test)

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
btw, when i was watching hd trailer on youtube, sometimes it would stop because wifi is not fast enough.. i have yet to find speed testing site which does not use flash(so i haven't been able to do direct speed test)

Go into the market and type in speed test ,then download the speed test .net app

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
i just did speed testing on my laptop over wifi.. got 5 mbps
i test w/ droid w/ wifi on.. and got 1 mbps

what someone should do(if they are bless'd enough to own iphone and droid) , do a speed testing on them and post results.

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i haven't been running on wifi lately as our internet at home is REALLY REALLY sucking right now, but when i connected to it friday i had a strong signal in the house all over, when i had a mytouch i would have a very flaky connection downstairs, now with the droid in the same spot, i get a good signal.

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
sooks, that's crazy(38 mbps).. i am about to change over to fios next week when i move to another place.. but 10 Mbps on droid is awesome.. is that w/ full signal? or?

I want to know if some of us have bad hardware or not.

I need someone w/ iphone and droid to do speed test to see if this is real speed issue w/ certain hardware for droid (for wifi) or just visual issue(on bars)

gbhil, please do that comparision testing and let us know tomorrow. thank you!

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
sooks, that's crazy(38 mbps).. i am about to change over to fios next week when i move to another place.. but 10 Mbps on droid is awesome.. is that w/ full signal? or?

I want to know if some of us have bad hardware or not.

I need someone w/ iphone and droid to do speed test to see if this is real speed issue w/ certain hardware for droid (for wifi) or just visual issue(on bars)

Thats with the wi fi only showing two bars on the droid.. so idk

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
so that will not settle the argument.. your internet download speed is insane.. so variable is still not solved. we will need direct comparision.. Hopefully gbhill can post his results tomorrow and perhaps need to make sticky out of it.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
so that will not settle the argument.. your internet download speed is insane.. so variable is still not solved. we will need direct comparision.. Hopefully gbhill can post his results tomorrow and perhaps need to make sticky out of it.

Ok , so i just did my storm 2 , iphone 3gs , droid , and laptop

and well the results are what you can expect , my 3gs is getting around 18 Mbps , my storm 2 , is about 16 , laptop 38 ish , and droid , 10 ish , so i would say the software is screwing up the wi fi ... but idk... shouldnt be hardware.

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
thanks Sooks, that is very helpful.
so problem definitely is prominent.

I am wondering why this hasn't been made too much of a big deal from other posts/forums.. i searched and did not see this type of complaints.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac