Dimming issues with the Droid

mikipedia

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

I have been having some issues with Droid dimming at completely random times. Sometimes screen is pretty bright and then it dims for no reason and stays dimmed regardless of what I do. On other occasions it randomly brightens up briefly. I don't know if this is because of "auto dimming" feature. Perhaps it is supposed to work like this, but I just wanted to see what you guys think and if any of you are experiencing the same. Other than that I am having a great experience with the phone so far.:confused:

cward0625

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I think its ur auto dim setting for display brightness. The slightest movement in the screen causing it reevaluate what it needs and change. I turned the feature off as it was annoying me. Now its fine.

mikipedia

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Seems like the keyboard light is also on and off a lot when i type on it. I will be playing some with the dimming settings to see if I can adjust it so it works a little better. Wonder if this is reason enough to look for a replacement.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
it's one of the quirks of the auto-dimming.

personally i kind of like just setting the screen to the dimmest setting and leaving it there unless i'm right under the sun or something and need to raise it.

motodunner

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
it's one of the quirks of the auto-dimming.

personally i kind of like just setting the screen to the dimmest setting and leaving it there unless i'm right under the sun or something and need to raise it.

This is what I started doing...I think the sensor is the camera. When I have it on auto dim and I cover the lens the phone dims then when I uncover he comera the screen gets brighter.