I have the motorola Droid I was wondering if there is a way to go from portrait to landscape with out opening the keyboard on the homescreen.
    11-08-2009 06:06 PM
    ETA: just realized you meant on the actual home screen...sorry ran right through that. I think that is one of the pages that doesn't always play nice...

Sure....choose the menu (four lines) and then settings, lower right.
    Go to Sound and display
    Flick up and get to Orientation. Make sure there is a green check mark and it will switch when you turn the phone.

There have been reports of a few glitchy apps where it doesn't work...I'm sure we'll hear more as people play....
    11-08-2009 06:11 PM
    It works for my apps but does not rotate on the homescreen unless I slide the physical keyboard out.
    11-08-2009 06:15 PM
    just a pain to keep opening up messages from the home screen sideways
    nicoled985 likes this.
    11-08-2009 06:22 PM
    Homescreen = cant be in portrait , everything else = can be
    11-08-2009 06:27 PM
    Homescreen = cant be in portrait , everything else = can be
    you mean it can't be in landscape, as it's always in portrait.

the home screen does not auto rotate, it's not a problem with your phone, it's just designed that way
    11-08-2009 06:29 PM
    I swear mine was rotating into landscape without the keyboard being out....

I checked around for a while sunday afternoon and found a few other people who we noticing that i would rotate without the keyboard being out and then all of a sudden stopped. Of course including myself, it was a couple other people so we could be crazy...

anyone else?
    11-09-2009 01:23 PM
    it is quite annoying -- the home screen *CAN* be in landscape mode, they just make you slide the keyboard. In other apps this isnt the case.

I'd like the home screen to rotate without opening the keyboard, as I don't use the real keyboard very often.
    11-09-2009 01:27 PM
    I don't know it this has been discussed in another thread or not but if you use DockRunner and hit the home button (leaving the app running in the background) your home screen will rotate appropriately. That being said, it'll probably kill your battery.

Additionally, if you try it, don't expect to be happy with the layout of your wallpaper. It doesn't center it correctly.
    11-14-2009 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD