Voicemail Password?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
That would be great to know. The first time I had to call VM it took me a minute to remember it because my BB would enter it for me.

isleshocky77

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
That would be great to know. The first time I had to call VM it took me a minute to remember it because my BB would enter it for me.

Same here coming from windows mobile. It doesn't look like there is anything for this functionality, but I'm hoping there will be soon.

isleshocky77

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Ok. So I found a way to make it a little better.

Settings > Call Settings > Voicemail Settings
With keyboard close tap the text box which opens the on-screen keyboard. If you click the far lower-left "* # (" you'll notice there is also "Wait" which turns out to be ";" and "Pause" which is ",".

So if you change the number to "*86;XXXX#" when you dial your voicemail it will immediately popup with a confirm window asking when to send the tone XXXX#

If you make it "*86,,,XXXX#" it will send the tone XXXX# on it's own. I believe each comma is a second and I remember I used to use 3 on my palm treo (windows mobile) with verizon wireless. This seems to work best.

The only thing I don't like is that it shows the password on the screen.. but I suppose it would do that when typing it manually as well.

Let me know if this helps anyone or has a better way or suggestions.

P.s. In case it wasn't obvious the XXXX is your voicemail password.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeJ#AC

isleshocky77

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Dude your awesome!!! That is so effing handy. I never had my BB setup like this, boy does this make it easy for when I'm driving.

Thanks and no problem. Glad to be able to help. I'm guessing this should probably be filed as a sticky or under tips and hints. I have a feeling a lot of people will be looking for this functionality (if coming from a phone that had it) or never known that this was possible and find it extrmely useful.

Nevermind, just noticed it made it into the faqs post. Thanks 8notime, nice work with that.

Last edited:

Grombar

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Ok. So I found a way to make it a little better.

Settings > Call Settings > Voicemail Settings
With keyboard close tap the text box which opens the on-screen keyboard. If you click the far lower-left "* # (" you'll notice there is also "Wait" which turns out to be ";" and "Pause" which is ",".

So if you change the number to "*86;XXXX#" when you dial your voicemail it will immediately popup with a confirm window asking when to send the tone XXXX#

If you make it "*86,,,XXXX#" it will send the tone XXXX# on it's own. I believe each comma is a second and I remember I used to use 3 on my palm treo (windows mobile) with verizon wireless. This seems to work best.

The only thing I don't like is that it shows the password on the screen.. but I suppose it would do that when typing it manually as well.

Let me know if this helps anyone or has a better way or suggestions.

P.s. In case it wasn't obvious the XXXX is your voicemail password.

This works very well, just need to keep the phone away from your ear to let it dial in your pass

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the advice it worked...know if I could only send ringtones to an other cell phone everything
would be perfect.........

MMS? (My droid is on the truck for delivery, so I can't try it yet, but that's always been the solution for that issue on most smartphones...just a guess)