Music on Phone instead of SD Card

afoodlover

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone, I have had my motorola droid for a few months now and I put my music on my sd card (with no problems) but my sd card is filled. Is there a way to transfer my music to the phone instead? I have tons of space avail there.

G

GenericMessage

And why would you?

I mean, what in the WORLD did you do to fill up 16gb on your PHONE!?
lol

But it isn't worth it.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Why would you want to take away resources that could weaken your phones performance? I would delete things from your sd card that you don't use.

afoodlover

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Um I put my music on it duh.. and 13 gb of music is NOT a lot in the grand scheme of things. It's showing my sd card is almost full. A 32gb micro sd is like $100 and wasn't prepared to spend that kinda money quite yet. That's the reason my itouch is a 32gb model so that I didn't have to worry about the storage space for my music.

G

GenericMessage

I just sync certain songs to it. I know I wont ever need 16gb of music at one time, so I swap 'em around.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
If you figure out how to do this please don't post instructions here on how to do it. I'm assuming its a hard process to add and remove the data. I'm just afraid people will realize the problem with it when its to late and don't know how to fix it.

trentandrews

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a little music on my phone, since I mainly use on line radio site. The only reason I have the music on my phone is where the cellular network is unavailable(Or can not be used)

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Um I put my music on it duh.. and 13 gb of music is NOT a lot in the grand scheme of things.
The "grand scheme" doesn't matter. The 16GB capacity of your SD card does. What little phone memory there is won't help if 13GB isn't enough. You do realize that the phone memory is measured in MB, not GB, right?

Last edited:

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Idk know of anybody who listens to that much music in a week that couldn't swap it out as needed. When your phone lags and freezes up, you'll know why.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Look on your microSD card for a folder named LOST.DIR. This is a useless folder of crap and might be taking up a ton of space. You can delete it with no issues.

Reactions: anthonyzul

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
just out of curiousity, how many songs do you plan to put on the droid's internal memory (approx.) if you figure out a way to do so

billmoseley

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
can't be done?

I'm in the same position as the original poster (though on a Droid 2.) Is it simply not possible to use my phone's built in storage for music? If so, the advertising is kind of disingenuous I think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781