who is already thinking of going back to their storm or exchanging for a stotm 2?

MrJerome#AC

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
It has only been a few days but it is no way in Hell, that I would go back to the BlackBerry Storm 2. I only had the Storm 2 for a week and was not impressed, because I had the Storm 1 since November 21st 2008 and labored through many updates but it was never as good as the DROID!

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm not leaving the droid to go back to BB anytime in the immediate future. However, when RIM gets their browser together (torch) and gets their widgets up and running we'll have to see where we're at then.

ByeBye2BB

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
There's no chance I'll be going back to my storm 1, or any BB anytime soon for that matter. In November 2010, I'd be surprised to see a BB that could compare with what the Droid offers right now.

For my purposes, the Droid vastly outclasses the Storm.

- Vastly better browser
- HTML email (let's not pretend the Storm had usable HTML email)
- much more responsive
- far greater app memory, so I don't have to pick what 5 apps I want on my phone
- GPS navigation (that doesn't require a monthly subscription)
- greater multitasking ability (I've had well over a dozen apps running on the Droid at once with no perceptible decrease in speed)
- much better selection of apps with a far less clunky app store
- ability to download files larger than a couple megs directly to the Droid (i.e. podcasts)
- larger, higer resolution screen (so websites and emails are much more readable)
- physical keyboard AND virtual keyboard (yes, I like them both)
- no battery pulls, memory watching, and application juggling
- ability to access my entire gmail account, not just the emails that have come through since registering with BIS

And while I'm at it, I'd also like to mention I'm happy I can download and install free apps and upgrades on the phone without having to enter my password, or getting an email listing my "purchases" (I'm looking at you ipod touch/iphone).

Fasblac

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Agree with everyone won't be going back to my BB Storm unless I am waiting on a replacement Droid. I was a diehard BB fan, and didn't think I would ever turn trader but after a year of the S1 and then for the S2 to have the issues it did on release date, some of the same ones that the S1 had over the year time span. The S2 was only a updated phone not a new phone, it should have came out working pretty much at 100%, and it didn't.

jokerls240

Nov 10, 2009
www.facebook.com
I'll be keeping both. BES connectivity is a job necessity for me, so I'm moving my S2 to a company, data-only line and keeping the Droid for personal use.

Not trying to play BB fanboy here, but there's rumor of a webkit browser coming to BB OS 5 in Q1 2010. So the browser will eventually be on par w/ Android, WebOS, and even (gags) the iPhone.

The lack of the webkit browser in the current version of BB OS 5 is the main reason for me moving to the Droid.

Last edited:

Unicorn56

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Honestly, I am trying really hard to like the Droid but I keep having flashbacks to last November and struggling with an obviously beta test version phone!
I have had way too many FORCE CLOSE incidents in the first 18 hours of use. And no these were not downloaded apps they came from native apps and standard functions.
I can't get my Exchange email to sync.
I hate typing on this thing, it keeps slipping around in my hands and I accidently hit the return key... ARRRRG
To top it off, I used it as my alarm this AM just as I did my Storm and it would NOT STOP! It gave me an error message and just kept on beeping LOUDLY. I was ready to flush it when it finally decided to respond. Then it lagged worse than my Storm ever did, even running that awful launch OS. I had to do a reboot.
This is too much deja vu from me. I really don't want to be tinkering on this thing and spending hours scouring forums for fixes for another year!
My Storm was doing pretty good with the newest OS, and it was kind of heart warming after dealing with the malfunctioning Droid alarm to hear my old faithful Storm alarm going off. It had woken itself up and was doing its old job perfectly.
So I am trying to force myself to use this thing, but it is a little too beta for me so far.

BigTex71

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Yahoo mail by default blocks pop mail server so not sure if there is a workaround but if you find one let me know. I know yahoo made deals with the companies to allow for yahoo email before.

I used to use Hotmail (and its web interface), but decided to make full use of the Gmail interface with the Droid. So I just had Gmail redirect my hotmail address to the Gmail account. I think you can do that with your Gmail also (to get all your yahoo mail through gmail.) I really like how Gmail shows a threaded interface for the reply emails.

lyoko37

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
You can set songs / ringtones as alarms. When you have the phone connected to your computer create a folder called "alarms" all lowercase and insert your mp3's. When you disconnect the phone from the USB cord it will re-read the card and those mp3's will now be usable for Alarms.

searchforwisdom

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I'll be keeping both. BES connectivity is a job necessity for me, so I'm moving my S2 to a company, data-only line and keeping the Droid for personal use.

Not trying to play BB fanboy here, but there's rumor of a webkit browser coming to BB OS 5 in Q1 2010. So the browser will eventually be on par w/ Android, WebOS, and even (gags) the iPhone.

The lack of the webkit browser in the current version of BB OS 5 is the main reason for me moving to the Droid.

I just came from a storm which I had since right after it came out. I was on crackberry almost every day to find out how to make the phone better.

As far as the p!ss poor browser that blackberry has, that webkit broswer ;you speak of is, as you say, just a rumor at this point. Even if it came out there are 2 things that still make the storm (and all other BB browsers) worthless.

The first is that whenever they do update it I'm sure it will not bring them up to par with the droid or the iphone. The browser (and entire OS for that matter) is so far behind, which brings me to my other point that Droid and Iphone will also always be updating their browsers/OS's. And they have both shown themselves to be much more intuitive and innovative then Blackberry has.

Blackberry has been on the market much longer than both of these OS's and yet they have not even been able to keep up with almost any of the new kids on the block. RIM is dead to me.

TitaniumMan

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
No more blackberry for me.. the droid OS is so superior than RIM.. Never going back. A smartphone should be "smart" and up to date not like a old man with old timers forgetting what its doing and just annoying slow..

Blackberry needs to get on board or they will lose the race with these advance phones everyone is doing. Seems like the past year they been pumping out phones of the same thing but only different casings... Fix the real problems and not how it looks!! :rolleyes:

R

Roy Aguilera

If the webkit deal is true, then I'm glad I still have my S1. However no webkit will make it look this sharp.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I originally had a Storm 2 and I enjoyed it but after playing around with the Droid, no way will I go back. Its hands down a lot quicker and smoother.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz