11-10-2009 02:39 PM
41 12
tools
    I was just curious about how former storm users are feeling about your Droid. I am having a tough time setting up my exchange email. On my droid. I'm gonna keep trying but if I can't get It to work this will be a deal breaker for me. I started using the touchdown app and I can only get contacts and tasks to sync.

There are various other issues that are not necessarily deal breakers, but added with the exchange issue, I gotta say, I'm thinking about things.

A few other issues:
    the Facebook apparently isn't what I thought it would be.
    having trouble getting used to the physical keyboard. (Only been a few days though)
    on alarms, you can't use your ringtones.
    Not too impressed with the way it handles email in general.
    Can't send Mms to certain people.

So who is thinking about the move? What other issues are you having? Any dealbreakers?
    11-09-2009 07:06 AM
    Only got mine yesterday but as of now I have no intention of going back to my S1. My email set-up has been seamless, even the non-Gmail accounts. It didn't even ask me for POP or SMTP info. The only thing I had to deal with with my cox account was new mail notifications until I went through and marked them all read.

One issue for me and marketplace is choosing the best apps. There are so many, I've mostly gone by user reviews but then that's not always a good guide.
    11-09-2009 07:30 AM
    Good applications are key. Look to the forums to see what the users are using. So many crappy apps.
    11-09-2009 08:02 AM
    Not a chance I would go back to something so locked down and slow compared. I understand there are issues but others have gotten their sync just fine so I am sure if you keep at it you will get it. This is not a Droid can't do it thing.

Anyways I would keep at it. Or you can go back to memory watching and battery pulls and only loading 5 apps cause the system can't take more.

I loved my storm while I had it. But the Droid hands down works faster and smoother.
    11-09-2009 11:08 AM
    I was just curious about how former storm users are feeling about your Droid. I am having a tough time setting up my exchange email. On my droid. I'm gonna keep trying but if I can't get It to work this will be a deal breaker for me. I started using the touchdown app and I can only get contacts and tasks to sync.

There are various other issues that are not necessarily deal breakers, but added with the exchange issue, I gotta say, I'm thinking about things.

A few other issues:
    the Facebook apparently isn't what I thought it would be.
    having trouble getting used to the physical keyboard. (Only been a few days though)
    on alarms, you can't use your ringtones.
    Not too impressed with the way it handles email in general.
    Can't send Mms to certain people.

So who is thinking about the move? What other issues are you having? Any dealbreakers?
    It IS possible to use a personal ringtone as an alarm, though it's not as easy as it should be.

If the ringtone you want to use is a song, go to Music, find the song you want, hit the menu button, and set the song as your ringtone. Now, go to your alarm and the song will be listed as an option. This is true even after you change your phone ringtone back to something other than the song.
    11-09-2009 11:27 AM
    Use rings extended. It will givey ou the option to browse for ringtone. Works great! This phone is golden!
    11-09-2009 11:40 AM
    Only thing that had be worried, was the ability to update/sync my corporate email. I hooked up google calendar sync and tested it out. Yes my personal and business calendars are mixed, but i can live with that. No way am i going back to the storm now.
    11-09-2009 12:06 PM
    Not gonna happen. This phone is awesome.
    11-09-2009 12:13 PM
    After using my Droid at work in real life situation all that I can say is that the Droid is a winner in my situation.
    11-09-2009 01:47 PM
    Staying with Droid here but it's even easier to stay coming from a Pearl.
    11-09-2009 02:36 PM
    love my droid. Storm is garbage glad to see the back of it.
    11-09-2009 02:40 PM
    The Storm is garbage. Worst phone I've ever owned.

I wouldn't even consider going back.
    11-09-2009 03:16 PM
    I loved my BB, but after using the Droid I would never go back. This phone is the best!
    11-09-2009 03:48 PM
    Just swapped to this from the pearl... No way in hell Im switching back... However this thing has been a PITA to say the least (as far as initial setup goes). Still messing with things... Need to get workaround for yahoo mail going, just downloaded motoConnect and cant wait to see what it does. NEED flash on this thing BAD but all in due time I guess.
    11-09-2009 03:54 PM
    Yahoo mail by default blocks pop mail server so not sure if there is a workaround but if you find one let me know. I know yahoo made deals with the companies to allow for yahoo email before.
    11-09-2009 03:56 PM
    I'm staying as well. I had a little problem getting my exhange calendar to sync but did some research and found I needed to add the account through the Corporate Calendar and not through email or Accounts and Sync. When I removed and readded through the corporate calendar, it synced all emails, contacts, and calendar events.

Always will be a crackberry addict at heart, but don't see myself going back anytime soon.
    11-09-2009 03:59 PM
    Although the Storm wasn't my last BB I so t forsee me going back to the BB OS either as the Android OS makes it look very outdated.
    11-09-2009 07:39 PM
    I'm staying as well. I had a little problem getting my exhange calendar to sync but did some research and found I needed to add the account through the Corporate Calendar and not through email or Accounts and Sync. When I removed and readded through the corporate calendar, it synced all emails, contacts, and calendar events.

Always will be a crackberry addict at heart, but don't see myself going back anytime soon.
    i know this is a little off topic, but crackberry has turned into a flame fest...
    11-09-2009 07:53 PM
    There are definitely Exchange issues there was a ticket opened on the Android Code board to have this fixed. Supposedly there's an OTA update coming on 12/11, hopefully that will resolve quite a few of the issues we've been seeing. There are definitely bugs, but those can be resolved as long as they're not hardware related.

I'm going to wait until at least the first update before upgrading to the Droid, maybe a little while longer. I believe this OS has huge potential and Google is known for making their apps better and better.
    11-09-2009 08:24 PM
    Never going back to that.

What is a stotm 2? :P
    11-09-2009 08:37 PM
    I will never be leaving my Droid for the S1. No way!
    11-09-2009 08:47 PM
    Hi,

The Droid is here to stay!

Kronko
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    11-09-2009 09:07 PM
    It has only been a few days but it is no way in Hell, that I would go back to the BlackBerry Storm 2. I only had the Storm 2 for a week and was not impressed, because I had the Storm 1 since November 21st 2008 and labored through many updates but it was never as good as the DROID!
    11-09-2009 09:13 PM
    I agree neither of the storms compare to the droid. RIM has a long way to go if you want to capture the business/consumer.
    11-09-2009 09:34 PM
    I'm not leaving the droid to go back to BB anytime in the immediate future. However, when RIM gets their browser together (torch) and gets their widgets up and running we'll have to see where we're at then.
    11-09-2009 10:29 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD