Organize Contacts List

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I searched around and the only thing I found was that the Eris couldn't do it but anyway is there anyway at all via a Contacts mod or option or anything really to sort the contacts by last name.

It is really annoying having a family member in my contacts list but under their first name instead of all together under B's or D's.

Thanks in advance.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Short of using an app (I forget which one), you can edit your contacts in gmail on your computer. I ended up doing this to have my contacts sorted by last name.

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Short of using an app (I forget which one), you can edit your contacts in gmail on your computer. I ended up doing this to have my contacts sorted by last name.

I just looked in gmail and outside of putting their last name as their first name I don't see a way to do it.

Is there an alternative Contacts/Dialer.apk that is usable?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
To really take advantage of Android, get out of the box of scrolling through your contacts. Use the search button, and type your family member's last (or first) name, and find it that way.

Capt_X

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Contacts by Last Name

Froyo Does this now. If you're rooted and are using Froyo go to Contacts app hit the menu key and go to Display Options. You'll see the options for "Sort list by" and "View contact names as". One of the great additions to Froyo.

asdr24

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Froyo Does this now. If you're rooted and are using Froyo go to Contacts app hit the menu key and go to Display Options. You'll see the options for "Sort list by" and "View contact names as". One of the great additions to Froyo.

Wow I didn't know that one. Thanks for the heads up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995