Verizon 5-friends and Google Voice

solideliquid

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Would someone mind explaining if the 5-friends on the 900 minute plan can be applied to Google Voice and be used as an unlimited plan?

I'm between the 900 minute plan and the unlimited plan. With my discount it's $97 vs $130 what's a better value? I don't think I'd ever use more than 900 minutes, and I've had the phone for six months on the 450 plan I've never gone over 450 but this month I'm sure I will so I need to upgrade.

Thanks!

Tackleberry

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Yes it can. Just make sure you add your google access number and your google number to your 5 friends. Also make sure you have your GV settings set to "show your own number" on caller id. Then all your calls made thru GV will be free and will not go against your minutes.

colecolecole

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
you can change your plan whenever just switch it this month than back next month

i work at verizon and rarely meet someone who needs more than 900 mins,5 friends and family, m2m,and google voice

you should be aight with the 900

solideliquid

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes it can. Just make sure you add your google access number and your google number to your 5 friends. Also make sure you have your GV settings set to "show your own number" on caller id. Then all your calls made thru GV will be free and will not go against your minutes.

How do I do this?

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Go to https://www.google.com/voice. You should see an option that says Caller ID (in) under the Calls tab in the settings. You won't be able to tell who is calling but incoming calls to your google voice number will be free. Also note that the Google Voice app doesn't dial your GV number though so you'll need to add that number to your f&f in addition to your actual number for google voice. You can just physically dial your GV number and dial out that way though if you don't an extra number to spare.

gecko

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I know this is a thread Necro.. but I have an odd question.

I am already set up like this on my G_Nex. my question is this.

At what point does the Verizon system determine that the inbound call is to a number on my friends and family?

I would think that this should take place at the network level. not the phone itlesf on an inbound call.

the reason I is that it would be nice to know who is calling based on their caller ID on my google voice. but I dont want to give up that free inbound call.

thoughts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463