Video recordings out of sync?

theguy386

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
So I started recording today with my phone in High Quality and when I'm playing the video back it'll start off playing fine, but within 5-10 seconds the audio and video go out of sync. Anyone else experiencing this problem... or know a fix?

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
Videos I've converted with Handbrake for use on my Storm and iPod classic have lip sync issues on the Droid. They do play fine on my Storm and iPod.

Video recorded with the Droid appear to be fine. I've recorded a few 5 min videos of my son.

stimpy2k

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Yup!

I am having this exact same issue. I took the phone to Verizon, and was able to demonstrate it right in front of them, again and again. All I had to do was record a ~2 minuted video, and then video myself snapping my fingers at the end. The audio would always come a second or so before the video for the snapping of the fingers.

First they factory reset the phone. Same issue. Then they replaced the memory card. Same issue. Then they replaced THE WHOLE PHONE, and it still had the same issue. Out of the box, the Motorola Droid does this. I was shocked (so were the Verizon store people!). I have no idea why I haven't seen a million posts about this. I guess the vast majority of people just take short little videos??

If you take a video longer than a minute or two, the video is recorded out of sync. It is not just a playback issue, as the audio/video are still out of sync when the file is played on a PC as well.

Verizon said the next step was to alert Motorola of the issue. I have, and all they said was that they can replace the phone, even though we've already done that. Beyond that they said they would log the issue... and that's about it.

I am very confused as to why I'm not hearing more about this. All I can see is that this is very frustrating, as this function of my phone simply doesn't work properly.

-= Brandon.

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I hate to dig up this OLD thread but I'm having this same issue and this is the only thread I could find discussing this... It doesn't seem to matter what settings I use, even set on the lowest recording quality possible I still end up with videos that are out of sync. This is very annoying since I use my camcorder quite often but not as often as I'd like because of this issue... Is there any fix out there for this? Are we the only ones having this problem?

jasonrellis

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I've had the same issues from day one. It happens on all of my videos including ones I've converted over from my itunes library. It bothers the crap out of me, so much that I dont even watch my music videos anymore.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I have not seen this yet, but I only watch videos that I have converted for viewing on my Droid.

Lets hope the roumered, 2.1 update drops soon and addresses this problem for you guys.

LCH

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Ive recorded a couple of videos with my phone and they play back ok on the phone but when I try to load them onto the computer they look to be in a faster motion and the video stops short. I figured there was a setting I hadn't found yet. I'm working some major hours right now and am having trouble finding the time to play with the phone as much as I'd like. A little different than what you guys are describing but might be related, any ideas to help me? Thanks. LCH

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
One thing that I found works for me is if I use a task manager and kill all the running apps before recording a video. Try that out and see if it works for you.

mishcap

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
i have videos from my old phone on my sd card. You can hear the videos on the old phone, and you can here them on my computer. But when I have sd card in my droid incredible, you cant here the videos. Anybody know how to fix?

CynicalDreams81

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
This is a common issue. IDK if there will ever be a fix but I have uploaded videos to YouTube from my computer, not my phone, and have the same issue. I thought it was YouTube but now see its my phone. I wanted to start a weekly YouTube video filmed by my phone but now I can't. The ONLY thing I'm disappointed about my Moto Droid other than the camera is the audio sync in the video camera.

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Yeah i've had this issue too, I try to record in 30secs and so there isnt a problem. I dunno.. the camera on this phone sucks and so does its recording too.

asclepiancane

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
"There's an App for that"

I had the exact same problem. The audio would play at normal speed, but it seemed as though the video was playing too slow. I fixed it by looking in the Market for alternative video players. I found a free one called PlaysVideo. It works perfectly, though works with different file types. If you want to use it you might have to do some converting. Totally worth it though.

rw6497

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
same issue here but there is a solution . im assuming most here are rooted. flash a diffedrent kernal. im using chevyno 1 1.25 . im also running ultimate droid 1.0 . the video recording issue is gone . rec@ords perfectly with 0 issues . very nice looking videos if i may add . im thinking it has more to do with kernal than rom. after i flashed rom i still had video audio sync and some studdering issues. after kernal it all went away. hope this helps :)

jetalc

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here, only in reverse. Took some video and transferred it to my laptop. Played perfectly on the Droid X (Doubletwist) but the audio and video were HUGELY out of sync on the laptop. This is really frustrating. Why HD video if all you can do is play it on your little phone? I'm amazed this isn't a huge issue...

Glenn Fisher

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I am having very similar problem. When I upload my recorded video files to Sony Vegas HD Platinum 10 for editing, I can see that as the video starts recording there is no sound for approximately 1 second. Then at the end of the video clip, the audio keeps recording for 1 second past the end of the video. I tried splitting the audio from video to see if I could just slide them into what I was hoping was synchronization but for some reason I'm unable to split the audio from the video using the standard Sony Vegas "U" command to split them. Very frustrating problem on brand new Motorola Droid Razr HD phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid