Screen off while in dock

mskaplan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Folks-

I got the multimedia dock, and it's very nice to have (but a bit overpriced). I like seeing the full sized time, weather, and alarms all on screen. Now with that said, is anyone else concerned about leaving the screen lit like this all night? I feel like in time it may "burn" the image into the screen, or has new technology eliminated that possibility? What I've been doing is putting in the dock, and then just turning the screen to stby once I am ready to fall asleep. Would like to have it on all night so I can glance at the time, but don't want to risk the screen. What's everyone else up to?

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I wasn't really concerned with the screen (guess I expect if burn-in becomes a problem, phone will need to be replaced), but I do turn it off at night, just because it is too bright otherwise.

I think whenever you have some new innovation, such as the home dock, there may be issues that were not fully resolved during a test phase - what you describe could tuen out to be one of them, though I thought burn-in was an issue with CRT technology, not flat panels?

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
off subject, where did you get your dock i cant seem to find one???

I bought mine at the Verizon store when I bought the phone. They were out by end of the day, but told me they expected more by Tuesday (today).

I passed on the car dock and wished I hadn't, but they ran out of those as well, so planning to swing by for one today (hopefully).

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I wouldnt be concerned about burn in.....never heard of that on a phone.

Don't they have a dimming night mode option too?

MISSCHRIS#AC

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I researched this very issue with my storm when I bought it because I also used it in the dock. This type of screen is not susceptible to burn in, so no worries!