Hi there, new here...

DarkUncle

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Actually, I'm new to smartphones period. But I must say I'm loving the droid! I heard many people complaining about the keyboard but honestly, I find it to be just fine. Certainly no worse than my wife's keyboard on her Env2. May not be saying much but that's where I'm coming from. Suppose that may be why it doesn't bother me. I've no other comparisons to draw. While ignorance may be bliss, I do however think in this case it's just a damn good phone.

Well, just figured I'd drop a line and say hello. See you all around the forums. Looking forward to years of android bliss. ;)

Take care,
Chris

BigTex71

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I have had several iterations of mobile computing devices from the Apple Newton, Palm, old Compaq, HP, and Dell PDAs to smartphones EnV and BB Curve. So I am not new to the technology, but I will admit that I am an Android n00b. But I do love me some Droid!

jjenson

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Welcome I think most of us are new to Android overall and learning this new phone together. Which is nice to have everyone being so helpful.

I came from a blackberry and honestly the keyboard for me is just fine i can type just as fast as the keyboard on my storm1. Give me another coupld of weeks I will be much faster on this phone.

Anyways welcome.

will_m68#AC

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I also think the keyboard is fine, I will say sometimes it's a little hard to reach across with the right hand. That's only after typing for some time.