alright so i just got it

JGR4444

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Just activated my droid and i just have to say wow.. i have been waiting for so so long for a phone to come out that has the touch as good as the iphone and its finally here... so stoked about this device.. cant wait to spend the rest of the night playing with it

JGR4444

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
... whats funny is i had my tour before this phone and i took the battery out and everything because you are supposed to before you activate a new phone... as soon as i activated my droid i put the battery back in the tour so it started to boot.. i have been playing around with the setting on my droid for about 5 minutes now and the tour still has not booted up...

not looking back!

R

Roy Aguilera

Glad you love it. Now put that BB is a sock and keep it by your pillow. If anyone ever breaks in, hit him over the head with it.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I agree, but I'm keeping my tour. In the past I've sold or gifted my old phones, but I think I'm going to hang on to the tour just in case... I LOVE my droid, but there are still some quirks which if not addressed would prob drive me bonkers long term (I am a business user so reliability is important and as of now the droid seems to be having some email troubles based on a lot of posts in AC)

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I agree, but I'm keeping my tour. In the past I've sold or gifted my old phones, but I think I'm going to hang on to the tour just in case... I LOVE my droid, but there are still some quirks which if not addressed would prob drive me bonkers long term (I am a business user so reliability is important and as of now the droid seems to be having some email troubles based on a lot of posts in AC)

I think that is a good call to hang on to the Tour, no one has had enough time with the Droid to tell how well it will work for business use. From a personal/fun standpoint I think we can all agree it's a winner.

JGR4444

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
the tour was for sure the best blackberry i have ever owned... i had the pearl, curve, strom1 and the tour... tour was for sure the top bb phone but i cant put my droid down.. i absolutley love it

JRoid

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
agree

the tour was for sure the best blackberry i have ever owned... i had the pearl, curve, strom1 and the tour... tour was for sure the top bb phone but i cant put my droid down.. i absolutley love it

I totally agree with you. I returned my tour on the last day of my 30 days. No questions asked. I thought bbs were fun, man o man...

jroid

D-LuX

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I've officially had 24 hours with mine, after about 7 years with BB... after a few hours of setup, personalization... I'm SOOOO glad I made the move...Advanced Task killer is the best app so far

visualplastik

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Don't forget there is a battery widget that includes screen brightness that comes stock.
I don't think it would make it to 24 hrs for me even with task killer, but maybe I'll get a backup battery.
@lakenst, autocorrect needs to be enabled in keyboard settings.

The profiles app is great for saving you settings (work, home, daytime etc)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49