Replaced my phone today

ScottsdaleHokie#AC

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Was having problems with it not changing to landscape view sometimes, so I went and exchanged it today.

Google is so freaking awesome, when I logged into my account on the new phone, they transferred EVERYTHING over. Phone settings (including my wallpaper), contacts, calendar, and ALL MY APPS!!!

I was so damned happy I didn't have to go and find them all and download them again, it isn't even funny.

Awesome!

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
That is fantastic. I knew contacts would tfer, as I realized on Saturday that I could add/edit contacts in gmail much easier than on my phone. But everything else? Awesome.

xeking

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Thats really cool! I am having some issues with the landscape mode and the not having the screen light back up when I pull the phone away from my face.... Maybe Ill go swap it out when I return the case(bodyglove..sucks) and the dock...

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
So it pretty much made the new one a copy of the old? Very cool! I didn't know it would do the phone settings! So if u have it set to sync with a gmail acct. it does this automatically? Rock On! :)

Droid_Sayz

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I also exchanged my phone today for another one and had my contacts in right when i signed onto my account. as for the apps, they didnt come back. was i suppose to have auto sync on?

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
You prob do have to have auto sync on. When I got my second one all the apps came back too and I was pleasantly surprised... Also my background came back as well. What does backmeup pro do then? Because all my contacts/apps were backed up. Does backmeup pro just backup some other things like messages/ak notepad?

R

Roy Aguilera

Same here had all my contacts and apparently load up upon boot.

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I think I remember when I initially setup the phone there was an option to auto save phone settings using gmail....it may just be on automatically, but I would double check. It is a pretty cool feature.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I noticed that as well. When I exchanged mine at the verizon store the rep was surprised. She said I was the first person who had any issues with it. Maybe we're just too demanding of our phones :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm