mguerrera

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I mean theres no comparison. Coming from a Blackberry Storm, the Droid blows that thing out of the water. I'm brand new here to the site but I am pretty tech savey so I took the plunge and rooted right away. Thanks to everyone on this site and all of the great rooting resources, the process when without a problem. Took my Droid right to Froyo and installed the 1.1GHz kernel to fix wifi. This thing is absolutely amazing. With Launcher Pro installed, its UI operation is seamless.

I had to post to rave about my expirence. I can't see myself on any other device platform. iPhone 4? lol. My droid swims circles around you. Literally.

Froyo 2.2
1.1 GHz OC'ed 1100max 900min
Perfect.

hawkfrost

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Welcome aboard.. Gratz on your first root. I am also a fairly new BB convert and I couldn't believe what I'd been missing. My wife still has her BB curve and it's a joke in the house now where she always says my phone is waayy smarter than hers, lol... I'm running the exact setup you are except I'm running the 1 GHz kernal....

Hawk

arw01

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
RIM took the demands of the corporate world serious. Real phone security, ability to remote wipe it, real time email.

All the corp types I know have BB, and that is all their companies will allow.

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I mean theres no comparison. Coming from a Blackberry Storm, the Droid blows that thing out of the water.

I was in the same position 7 months ago. I can't repeat enough how much i love Android. This week's IPhone announcement was the first time I didn't pine for an IPhone. Yes, I wish there was better game development for Androoid but the platform is just sooo great.
I too came from a BB Storm. I really think RIM is in for a rough future, especially as the other platforms refine their corporate offerings.

asdr24

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I was in the same position 7 months ago. I can't repeat enough how much i love Android. This week's IPhone announcement was the first time I didn't pine for an IPhone. Yes, I wish there was better game development for Androoid but the platform is just sooo great.
I too came from a BB Storm. I really think RIM is in for a rough future, especially as the other platforms refine their corporate offerings.

I agree. I watched the live blog over at engadget and kept thinking when are they going to say something that makes me actually want this over my current phone. Android has set me free! lol

I'm still amazed the Apple hasn't opened up to other US carriers. I strongly suspect that we'll see some Apple competition later this year on Verizon but I would still choose my Droid from 2009! There's two things I miss from my iPhone - games and the Facebook app. Games are getting a little better and well the Facebook app who knows.

Blackberry has some nice stuff in the works but I still think that once Android sets out a stronger corporate presence there will be no choice. Android FTW!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac