As a newbie still planning to transition from my Blackberry Storm to the Motorola Android, I have more questions.

CASE: It seems like the Seidio Innocase might be my choice for a phone cover. Has anyone experience with these? The accessory store gives them great reviews. I have a similar case on my Storm and it is great. However the Android has a slide out keyboard and I was wondering how this case handles that action.

SHIELD: I had two experiences with shields on my Storm. I had the Zagg Invisi-Shield for about 3 days. My experience with Zagg was awful. It made my phone a lint magnet and sticky to the touch. The touch screen sensitivity was reduced greatly and I peeled it off before the week was done. I then tried BodyGuardz and placed it on all of the phone except for the screen. I used the Storm without a screen protector and it never scratched. It the screen on the Android as resilient at the Storm screen? Any have any issues with their screens and scratching?

DM: Does the Android come with a device manager (DM) and is it the best avenue of interfacing with and backing up the phone? Are their aftermarket DMs and if so, what is the best one.

06-08-2010 01:55 PM
    I give the Innocase a thumbs up especially if you want to use a car mount of the desk top thing. If you get the motorola one, you have to take the phone out of the case, but with the seidio stuff all works together.

the Invisishield has worked fine for me. I didn't want to risk scratching the screen, but it was fine for the 2/3 days that it took me to get the shield

the short answer is no, but i'll let someone else explain it a lot better than i could.
    06-08-2010 02:15 PM
    I use the Innocase and it's great. I initially had the Verizon OEM case, and the Innocase is far better than that. Better cutouts and materials.

I do not use any shield or screen protector on my phone. I personally dislike the feel of those.

As for backingup data, I wasn't a BB user so am not familiar with the DM. The Droid however has a backup all data in the settings, which I believe backsup your phones settings. As for your contacts, that can be synced to your Google account.

Hope this helps.
    06-08-2010 02:35 PM
    No Desktop Manager (it's not a BB). Motorola has an app that handles media and I think a couple of other features.

Android is really intended for wireless sync. There are some other wired sync solutiuons if you really want/need them (such as CompanionLink).

It the screen on the Android as resilient at the Storm screen?
    Android devices don't all have the same screen. The Droid's Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant but it isn't unscratchable.

Any have any issues with their screens and scratching?
    Yup. Google it. Or try searching DroidForums.net.
    06-09-2010 04:45 PM
    I personally use the otter box, I do not use any docking stations, or car mounts.
    The Otter box IMO is great, It came with a screen protector that is a perfect fit, I have no bubbles under mine.
    I like the otter box because of the feel, I also like that there is a rubber barrier between the phone the outside shell. I have had no problems with it opening and closing. I also like the fact that the rubber inner cover also has plugs for the headset port, the power port and also brings the camera button out and the volume button out.

IMO, this is a great case..
    06-11-2010 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD