Got the new MotorolaH17TXT, the headset that can (but barely ever) reads TEXT messages to me while connected to my Droid. (A post for another day)

Aside from the fact that it's worked 2 whole times now, once I do figure it out, where on my DROID can I also add a shortcut for VOICE to TEXT. I found it once, and havent since.

I've got the MOTODROID shortcut on the "desktop" and now want the Voice2text shortcut as well, and finally, can I create a shortcut to enable Bluetooth, rather than clicking the menu/settings/wireless... etc?

Just simplifying, and looking for help.. not a flaming "just drive" incedent please.

MM
    06-08-2010 03:22 PM
    I'm not sure off the top of my head about the voice2text part but I know that you can add a widget to the home screen that can control your Bluetooth.

I'm not sure if this is a stock widget but the best widget you can get that controls Bluetooth, Wifi, GPS, Brightness is Power Control widget.

To enable it just long press on the home screen. Select Widgets and then scroll down to "Power Control". If it's not there then I'm sorry but I know you can also find tons in the market.
    06-08-2010 08:28 PM
    I've got Power Control...... but my screens all say "NO MORE ROOM ON THIS HOME SCREEN" ... Odd, as the three screens are hardly populated, the latter only being at 50%. I take it that it needs more than that??? Or could it be something goofy like my background/wallpaper?

MM
    06-09-2010 10:02 AM
    I've got Power Control...... but my screens all say "NO MORE ROOM ON THIS HOME SCREEN" ... Odd, as the three screens are hardly populated, the latter only being at 50%. I take it that it needs more than that??? Or could it be something goofy like my background/wallpaper?

MM
    That is weird. It only requires 4 side by side blocks. When putting your homescreen in just make sure you have 4 clear kind of like the one below.

XXXX <-Just keep these clear and make sure to click where they are open.
    XXXX
    XXXX
    XXXX

If that doesn't work let me know and we'll see what we can find.
    Mr Mayor likes this.
    06-09-2010 10:45 AM
    ASDR, that was it. Much better thanks. Was able to move my Google bar over a screen too. Is there an EASY how-to guide floating around?

Sometimes if the question is too basic, ya either get ignored, or flamed.... Nice to know some people can reply to even the most basic of questions.

Thank you sir!
    That's one more T/Y for you!

MM
    06-09-2010 01:55 PM
    ASDR, that was it. Much better thanks. Was able to move my Google bar over a screen too. Is there an EASY how-to guide floating around?

Sometimes if the question is too basic, ya either get ignored, or flamed.... Nice to know some people can reply to even the most basic of questions.

Thank you sir!
    That's one more T/Y for you!

MM
    I'm not really sure about a guide but then again I just started actually checking forums and stuff. I used to just follow the main devs and then do everything myself.

If you ever have a question feel free to post it here and I'm sure someone will try to help. I've been hanging out a lot on here so I should be around to answer it myself if no one else tries.
    06-09-2010 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD