possible second thoughts

darkstar

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone had time to compare the Droid with the Eris? Opinions?

I really do like the heck outta my droid. I am a little unimpressed with the photo quality.

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

I really do like the heck outta my droid. I am a little unimpressed with the photo quality.

I used an upgrade on another line to check it out for a couple days then took it back. The difference in size between the two is the first thing you notice when you hold it. Sense UI is really great and everything seemed to work well, just a slight lag. I did notice a remarkable difference in going from landscape to portrait...big lag on the eris.

It might not be fair to compare the two, the droid with its specs and 2.0 is just way beyond the eris. I will say the eris was a nice phone though and would make most people happy I think.

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
If you are thinking of going to the eris from the droid....I would advise against it. The eris would have been great if you never touched the droid, but since you have once you get over how cool sense ui is you'll want the droid back. Just my opinion.

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site

If u hold on a bit, I bet a update will address the camera. Untill then download a different camera app. I hear that maks a big difference in the camera!

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I tried the eris. I liked the form factor of it and sense was cool. I agree I think a lot of people will be happy with it, but the droid is really the phone for the "power user". Also the eris battery life was not great in my experience compared to my droid battery life which easily lasts through a day entertaining my every whim.

ScottsdaleHokie#AC

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Like everyone said, camera fix is coming shortly, and do you really want to wait god knows how long for HTS to make Sense UI compatible with any new Android versions that are released?