Got my Droid yesterday, but...

FatTony666#AC

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So I bought a Droid from my friend. $150 for the phone in pristine condition, extended battery, Seido innocase and holster. Great deal. Went to activate it and found that I couldn't until the 18th when he pays the final bill. So now I have a Droid sitting on my nightstand and still have to use my BlackBerry 9530 for 8 more days... They will be the longest and most frustrating 8 days of my life. My Storm has a dying battery, wonky physical buttons, a click screen that sticks, and a overall weak OS for my needs. Sigh. Somehow I'll get through I guess. I'll be back when the Droid is activated for some heavy learnin' and posting. Until then, though, life with a Storm continues...

FatTony666#AC

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Well he is a pretty good friend and his mom just had surgery on her jaw to remove cancer without insurance so I don't think I could ask that of him. Plus I have him a check post dated for the 18th anyway so it's not like I'm out the money yet.

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
That's what I was wondering. If he had your check I would think he could just go cash it and use that money to pay the bill but obviously he can't now. At least you can turn it on and mess around with it.

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I also jumped from the 9530 to the Droid back in January and once those 8 days are over you will never want a BlackBerry again!

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I can't! Turning on the phone takes me to the activation screen and I can't get past it. Plus I don't have wifi at home.

I've got something for you. Tap these spots in this order and you can skip it.

Bypass-Activation-Droid.jpg

From thedroidblog. Have fun. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude