Gmail acct Hacked and can't use Droid Apps

nicbstc

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
My primary Gmail acct was Hacked and now I can't get into some of my market apps. How do I uninstall Gmail without losing everything on my Droid?
In settings>manage apps> there is no Gmail and I want to avoid doing a factory default reset! Please help!!

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
It's not Gmail restricting this.
You should contact google stating that it's your email, and get your account back, otherwise, you wont be able to use the apps because of the authentication system embedded into Android.

mrwashy#AC

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I had a similar problem. Fixing it required some authentication but was fairly painless and fast. Once my gmail was back up and running (with a new password of course) my Droid was right back in the game.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
And, just a note, your connection to your google account is in Settings>Accounts & Sync. If you ever got a different gmail account, you would add it there, and disconnect from your original one, but that would mean that you'd lose your paid apps.

VKitty

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
It's not Gmail restricting this.
You should contact google stating that it's your email, and get your account back, otherwise, you wont be able to use the apps because of the authentication system embedded into Android.

So if you dont have a gmail account you can use any Android phones?

G

GenericMessage

So if you dont have a gmail account you can use any Android phones?

That'd be correct. (sorta)

But since you can get one for free........Whats stopping you?

It just doesn't give you access to gmail, maps, the market, calendar, contact back-up, photo sync, or basically anything.

c1k1r1

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I still remember waiting for a invite to gmail it took me forever to find someone with one left now google has a hand in everything

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz